Happy May Day!

vanflynn

-----
UU VIP
Reaction score
may day jpeg.jpg

Here's a May Day song complements of Pearl Harbor Kai Elementary music class back in 1968.

There's a winter weather advisory today in Minnesota so I might have to find Trinimon's video of his Hawaii trip to celebrate.

Hope your May Day is warmer.

Happy May Day to you as well, and thank you for the songs!

We were about 85 deg F yesterday and expect to be at 51 deg F on Friday - but at least at 51 there's no snow.

Happy May Day. I had fun playing the second song on there. I couldn't quite work out how the first should sound! :)

There's a winter weather advisory today in Minnesota so I might have to find Trinimon's video of his Hawaii trip to celebrate.

I just spoke to someone in Minnesota who said it indeed was snowing. Wow.

After you work through "May Day is Lei Day in Hawaii", for a snazzy little Hawaiian-style ending vamp try:

'G7' (0210)x2 strums, C7 (3000)x2 strums, F (one strum), then 3 quick strums, one for each barred fret "3-4-5".

It's an alternate Hawaiian vamp plus the "3-4-5" at the end. Sweet!

keep uke'in',

Aloha Kakou,
May Day is lei day in Hawaii.....Happy May Day....it uesd to big big here when I was young.....wish I could bring it all back the way things were back then.... :)

Last edited:
Thank you for the May Day wishes and songs. Let's hope all the workers of the world who are involved in making our ukes earn a living wage.

Top Bottom