Nashville

teruterubouzu

Reaction score
There's a new episode of Nashville on tonight. I only recently got sucked into this show, but I'm all caught up and eager to see a new episode.

I wish that Scarlett or Gunnar would play that ukulele that is hanging in their writing studio.

Does anyone else watch this show?

As a Nashvillian, I've been watching the show, and noticed the uke in the writing room early on. It's cool to see my hometown featured in a TV show, and to spot familiar locations and faces during episodes of the show.

However, lately the show seems more focused on soap opera plot lines and less on the music, which is kind of a bummer 'cause the music's been really good thus far (produced by T Bone Burnett I think).

Speaking of Scarlett and Gunnar, here's my favorite song of theirs, featured in the very first episode, a cover of the Civil Wars' If I Didn't Know Better.

I watch it too. Mostly because SHE does, but I've been sucked in by the music. The music is pretty good. That surprises me, because the regular rotation on our local country music stations is beyond suckish.

I agree that the story lines are deteriorating into soap opera stories. Too bad, I really liked the show but don't see it lasting long.

It is rather soap opera-ish, but I still love it. It's like candy.

I like that song a lot Steedy. As someone who is not a contemporary country fan, I am surprised by how much I like the music. I even bought the soundtrack (and will buy volume 2 when it comes out soon).

my wife and I (not C&W fans) really like the music... veteran producer T-Bone Burnett produces all the music scenes.. the series is a lot like the old 'Dallas' but it's music biz instead of oil biz and there is actually good music sprinkled in. Unfortunately will probably be cancelled.. ratings are not what they hoped and it's probably very expensive to make.

my wife and I (not C&W fans) really like the music... veteran producer T-Bone Burnett produces all the music scenes.. the series is a lot like the old 'Dallas' but it's music biz instead of oil biz and there is actually good music sprinkled in. Unfortunately will probably be cancelled.. ratings are not what they hoped and it's probably very expensive to make.

Yeah, I'm hoping it doesn't get canceled, but I've heard it's likely. Last night's episode was pretty wild.

Top Bottom