What should I do when my uke arrives?

silveraven

Reaction score
I placed an order for a Luna Honu soprano last week at HMS and it shipped today! Not sure how long it'll take to arrive in Malaysia but I definitely can't wait. Is there anything I should look out for when it arrives? Since it a laminate, I doubt it would crack and I believe HMS will package it well.

Quick edit (05-04-2013):
I'm thinking of getting some extra strings to keep in my case, does anyone have any recommendations? Or are Aquila strings the 'best' for laminates?

Last edited:
My advice would be to tune it up and play it! Seriously, it should be that easy with that uke.

1. take pix and post them here.
2. tune it up, play it, and post it to youtube so we can see your smile!

^ . . . What they said!

1. take pix and post them here.
2. tune it up, play it, and post it to youtube so we can see your smile!

hey Nickie! i remember you giving me uke advice when i was browsing around for one. thank you!

I'd pluck its stringy nylon tendrils as if a summer fern in a wet bog.

But that's me, a wild guy. (Hey, you asked).

Aloha Silveraven,
I hope you got a nice clip on tuner too so you can tune your luna ukulele...while I was there, I played a beautiful sounding pineapple luna..no need to worry about laminates....they hold up
well...Have fun and enjoy, Happy strummings...

Aloha Silveraven,
I hope you got a nice clip on tuner too so you can tune your luna ukulele...while I was there, I played a beautiful sounding pineapple luna..no need to worry about laminates....they hold up
well...Have fun and enjoy, Happy strummings...

Yeap, I did. Got the NS mini in the end because it looked rather cool. Ah, I'm so superficial. :-/

Wear that thing out!

Oh yeah, planning to! Play till my fingers bleed then get a newer, better one (since it would seem that UAS strikes all UU forumers!)

I'm thinking of getting some extra strings to keep in my case, does anyone have any recommendations? Or are Aquila strings the 'best' for laminates?

Top Bottom