Bringing ukes to shows

finkdaddy

Reaction score
This year there are a few good shows coming up and I am going to try to get my ukulele autographed at each of them. At most of the shows I am not concerned at all about bringing my uke along. But one of them is the Jake Shimabukuro show that will be at the Pabst Theater in downtown Milwaukee. It is a lager, popular venue that will most likely have a good amount of security.

In today's climate, has anyone here had trouble bringing instruments into venues for autographs?

~Fred

This year there are a few good shows coming up and I am going to try to get my ukulele autographed at each of them. At most of the shows I am not concerned at all about bringing my uke along. But one of them is the Jake Shimabukuro show that will be at the Pabst Theater in downtown Milwaukee. It is a lager, popular venue that will most likely have a good amount of security.

In today's climate, has anyone here had trouble bringing instruments into venues for autographs?

~Fred

We saw Jake in Maui in March. The only place that I saw that had more ukes than what we saw at the show was going through airport security for our return flight. People poured in for the show with cases on their backs. Nobody blinked.

Not sure about Milwaukee, though.

Why not check ahead of time with the specific venue? While I've also never seen it as a problem, who knows these days what "security" may have trouble with...

Thanks for the replys!

The problem is, I know if I call ahead of time that they will say no packages of any kind. But I suspect that if I and 50 other people show up playing the uke, that it probably wont be a problem.
But it would also suck to show up at the door with my instrument only to be turned away.
I'll probably give it a try. Maybe I'll strap the uke to my back and leave the case in the car. It might seem less of a threat.

Here in Montreal, when Jake came, there was a lot of people who brought their ukes to make him sign after the show....and I didn't see anybody having problem.....so if you want his signature on your uke, you should definitely bring it with you!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/baouke/star-filante-by-caro-bao ...new duet....

Top Bottom