View Full Version : Deal on concert Uke Case - Hardshell $25 expires soon

gitarzan
05-02-2013, 04:59 PM
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-concert-ukulele-case

I just ordered one. Cant be that bad.

Corrected: Concert, not Tenor.

pahu
05-02-2013, 05:03 PM
I got a Soprano case from them a couple of months ago when it was on sale(looks like same brand). It's actually a very decent case with no bad smells like some of the Asian cases.

gitarzan
05-02-2013, 05:11 PM
I just got a Tenor case as well. Also as a deep discount.

pahu
05-02-2013, 05:14 PM
This link is actually for Concert size..the Tenor size is $39.99 with free shipping(plus tax)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-tenor-ukulele-case

gitarzan
05-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Yes. I bought both.

Looks like a deal.

Paulrick
05-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Got one. Let's hope it's worth $25!

Tigeralum2001
05-02-2013, 07:34 PM
I have a case almost exactly like this (who knows, might be this case). It is more than adequate for local trips. I wish the tenors were $25, I'd be all over it!

gtomatt
05-03-2013, 03:21 AM
Just bought one also - thanks for the heads up!!

Now if only the Strat cases were on sale.....

ukemunga
05-03-2013, 04:19 AM
And another buyer. Perfect timing... thanks!

The Great Bedini
05-03-2013, 05:42 AM
It has held up just fine, and fits my Lanakai snugly. For 25 bucks, that's a deal, and even 40 for the tenor (which is what I paid) it's a bargain. I wouldn't hesitate if I needed one.

UkueBass23
05-03-2013, 07:35 AM
I just snagged one too. Have one for my soprano and its great. Good deal!
P.S. My shipping was also free. A nice touch. They are making money on us today aren't they? HA!

river_driver
05-03-2013, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the heads-up on this. I needed one too!

I bought the soprano version of this case maybe 2 months ago, real happy with it.

Only complaint today is that I needed to spend one more cent to get free shipping. So, I am soon the be the proud owner of a 99cent kazoo!

bnolsen
05-03-2013, 08:00 AM
could this also fit a fluke? I woudl guess not considering the dimensions...

Paulrick
05-03-2013, 08:59 AM
My shipping was free and the case was the only thing I purchased.

DaveVisi
05-03-2013, 09:10 AM
I just put in my order too. Not sure about the free shipping over $25 would work since it was $24.99 so I added a set of strings. I needed them anyway, so no big deal.

Thanks for the heads up!

CaleKnight
05-03-2013, 09:14 AM
I just got one and my shipping was free, even though it was only 24.99.

Thanks, UU!

OldePhart
05-03-2013, 02:14 PM
That's a downright decent price. :) I need to order a new uke so I'll need a new case... LOL

John

peewee
05-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the heads up.
Anyone need a lightly used canvas/foam concert size case...

stevejfc
05-05-2013, 03:31 AM
Bought one last year on sale.........excellent case for the $

OscarmangoTE
05-06-2013, 07:32 AM
thanks for the post just ordered mine

Captain America
05-07-2013, 03:12 AM
I'm stunned still, even hours after I ordered one! I usually miss out on deals like these and find out about them a week later and kick myself!

Wow. I'm really looking forward to receiving this.

RichM
05-07-2013, 03:41 AM
I have owned this case in various sizes before (including concert) and it is a good, solid case and a wonderful bargain at the price.

guitarsnrotts
05-07-2013, 03:53 AM
Previously bought both the concert and tenor during a previous sale. Well worth the money.

Paulrick
05-07-2013, 05:25 AM
Just got mine 5 minutes ago. Good quality. 3 latches! Smells a little strong but its a more wood like smell than glue. No complaints for the sale. Worth well over $24.99! Thanks again for the heads up.

Captain America
05-07-2013, 06:19 AM
Yeah, if anyone hears of the soprano case for sale, send out the word!

thanks all.

Little Island Nick
05-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Excellent value, received mine today. Thanks for the tip gitarzan

river_driver
05-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Mine came today too, same quality as my soprano case that I like very much. Had a bit of a stinky glue odor when I first opened it up, but it seemed to dissipate quickly.

My kazoo, on the other hand, is a flying piece of sh!t. 99 cents doesn't buy what it used to. Should have splurged and got the $1.83 four-hole harmonica.

ukemunga
05-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Got my case today.

The day after I bumped into a doorframe with my uke in a gig back and cracked the soundboard.

Sigh...

OscarmangoTE
05-08-2013, 12:41 PM
I called my dad and he ordered his last night. I keep telling him he needs to join the UU full of great resources and wonderful people.

UkueBass23
05-09-2013, 07:25 AM
I got mine yesterday. Is it me or does the neck support always need to be shaved down on these? I did the same thing with my soprano version. This time I did it right out of the box. Unscrewed the support, knocked a good half inch off the bottom and re screwed it back in. No fuss no muss, but weird that I have felt the need to do that with both of mine b/c I think the support is too high and the uke sits at an angle almost. Still a nice case and the operation was very easy.

chrimess
05-09-2013, 07:38 AM
the Koaloha, at least, has a big heel and it might be related to this.

I got mine yesterday. Is it me or does the neck support always need to be shaved down on these? I did the same thing with my soprano version. This time I did it right out of the box. Unscrewed the support, knocked a good half inch off the bottom and re screwed it back in. No fuss no muss, but weird that I have felt the need to do that with both of mine b/c I think the support is too high and the uke sits at an angle almost. Still a nice case and the operation was very easy.

CaleKnight
05-09-2013, 08:38 AM
Got mine today. It seems very nice, but the latches don't quite line up properly once I get my ukulele in it. I think that after it's been used a few times it'll loosen up a bit and be fine.

Paulrick
05-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Mine has the same problem. I just figured it would loosen after time and the koaloha is very snug. Do you think this will eventually warp the neck if I don't hack the support some?

pahu
05-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Between this case and a hard foam/zipper case--which would be better to keep my Uke humidified?
Seems to me that the zipper would make more of an airtight seal, but maybe I'm wrong...your thoughts?

PTOEguy
05-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Anybody tried one of these with an 8" banjolele? I've hear that concert size cases will work for that...

peewee
05-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Hi Got mine.
Happy. Plastic handle and the buckle and hinge alignment is a little wonky, but the outside dimensions are smaller than the foam and canvas one. No need to cut down the bolster for the koaloha, sits nice and flat.
Not as robust and smooth-closing as the tenor Guardian case I bought at a store, but I went through a half dozen to find one that closed smoothly.
all in all, quite a deal, thanks for the heads up!

UkueBass23
05-10-2013, 01:19 AM
Paulrick, I don't know whether it will warp the neck over time. Probably not but with my KoAloha I wasn't risking anything. The hack is very simple. There are two screws and two small nails securing that piece into the case. I just unscrew the screws and maneuver it gently until the nails come loose. I don't reinstall the nails. Just the screws which are plenty solid. I did this to an Oscar Schmidt case I bought off amazon for a concert as well because the uke was sitting in the case at an angle. Just shave off like a half inch of the styrofoam and replace. I just tuck the extra fabric in under the brace before I screw it back in.

Captain America
05-10-2013, 03:33 AM
I received mine yesterday and it is absolutely fantastic. Absolutely. I still pinch myself that I'm so lucky to have gotten this deal: the company is a Friend to Musicians!

My Mainland soprano fits in it, as does my Kala concert. I'm set. Now I can go camping fearlessly.

OldePhart
05-10-2013, 03:36 AM
Between this case and a hard foam/zipper case--which would be better to keep my Uke humidified?
Seems to me that the zipper would make more of an airtight seal, but maybe I'm wrong...your thoughts?

I find that I have to refill the humidifiers in my canvas and hard foam cases about twice as often those in my "real" hard cases.

That said, filling humidifiers is easy and for anything other than flying I really like the canvas and hard foam cases better because they are much lighter and you can sling two or three of them over your shoulder and make one trip to/from the car. :)

John

bobmyers
05-11-2013, 05:15 AM
Fits my Loprinzi just fine, great buy.
Bob

karen627
05-14-2013, 07:30 AM
Just ordered two. Thanks for the heads up!

erivel
05-16-2013, 09:08 PM
Can anyone tell me the what the inside length measures? I'm looking for a case to fit a super-concert.

PTOEguy
05-17-2013, 02:45 AM
Anybody tried one of these with an 8" banjolele? I've hear that concert size cases will work for that...

Got mine yesterday - banjo uke (firefly) is a tight fit. Both the pot and the headstock fit tighter than I'd like. Otherwise a great case for the money. May order the same brand for my tenor

guitarsnrotts
05-17-2013, 03:54 AM
Can anyone tell me the what the inside length measures? I'm looking for a case to fit a super-concert.

Not sure of the exact internal measurements, but it's tight on head room for my KPK concert. Really nice case but would most like be too short for the longer neck.

erivel
05-17-2013, 06:52 AM
Not sure of the exact internal measurements, but it's tight on head room for my KPK concert. Really nice case but would most like be too short for the longer neck.

Thanks that's what I thought.

peewee
05-17-2013, 07:09 AM
Eric,
the Musician Gear case is 24 1/4 inches long inside.
I have a retired canvas and foam one that has lots of headroom: just shy of 26 inches interior length, if you need it PM me.

RichM
05-17-2013, 08:43 AM

I didn't measure it, but I can tell you my Koaloha super concert would not fit in it in a million years.

erivel
05-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Eric,
the Musician Gear case is 24 1/4 inches long inside.
I have a retired canvas and foam one that has lots of headroom: just shy of 26 inches interior length, if you need it PM me.

Thanks Peter. I'll send you a PM.

I didn't measure it, but I can tell you my Koaloha super concert would not fit in it in a million years.

Thanks for the info Rich!

Paulrick
05-17-2013, 01:33 PM
I removed the neck support in the case and the koaloha fits like a glove now! The storage compartment now serves as the support and the uke has a little bit more breathing room.

karen627
05-17-2013, 05:07 PM
I got my two yesterday. My Kala KA-C is still out for repair, so I can't say how it would fit, but my Lanikai LU22CGC fits one of the cases perfectly. It's just a little too snug in the other case for my liking. Odd -- but I guess the inconsistency explains why some people are happy with these cases right away while others need to modify them.

But it's a very nice case.

Eyeguy
05-18-2013, 04:30 AM
Just got my tenor case yesterday - my vintage Gretsch fits in like a glove. Thanks for the heads up.

Barbablanca
05-18-2013, 04:47 AM
I'm having a Cheap and Cheerful Concert Uke delivered to a friend's house in the States, so that I don't have to take one of my instruments when I come this summer. So, this case offer was a godsend, since I've ordered one too. That should protect my new acquisition until I get back to NYC after our 3,000 mile journey ;)

It'll also protect the Mainland Concert, that I just might be tempted to get as we call in to see Mike this summer ;) - Then old cheapo can do the rest of the trip in a gig bag :) UAS, moi?

lakesideglenn
05-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Well, I eventually jumped on this. Seemed to good to pass up and I could use a concert HSC. It arrived today and the case is locked, with I assume the key in the inside. Man....I haven't picked a lock in 40 yrs...guess it's time to get a paperclip and some pliers...
Stay tuned!

UkueBass23
05-23-2013, 04:01 AM
Lakesideglenn, the lock is pretty simple, you might even have another key laying around that will "pick" it much easier. Let me know if you need an extra key, I will send one down to Blackwood.

Cheers.
GPC

lakesideglenn
05-23-2013, 05:56 AM
Thanks for the offer GPC. I thought of that after I posted and I did have another key that fit it and opened it last night. Fits my Loprinzi concert perfectly, which is what I had in mind. Makes me wonder though if it might be a little tight on some other concerts because the Loprinzi body is a little smaller than most. Anyway, perfect case for what I had in mind and a real good deal for 25 bucks!

mds725
05-23-2013, 08:06 AM
How did this thread avoid getting moved to the Links and Videos thread under UU's policy of reserving the Marketplace for member sales?