Birthday new uke blues

Hochapeafarm

Reaction score
Hey, gang! New uke days (especially those for your birthday) are supposed to be a wondrous, joyous occasion...unfortunately, for me, that was not the case...can't go into details quite yet about what has happened...but, let me just say that this situation is upsetting enough to make me quit playing...that should tell you how bad it is. I am really, really, really bummed out...so sad. :-(

I'm sorry to hear something that bad has happened to you. Your contributions to the seasons will be missed.

Sorry to hear the bad news.....You shoulda bought it from HMS ....hope you get things worked out... BTW happy belated birthday greetings... :)

Don't know what has happened, but I can guess! Please don't stop playing, you will be missed here. I for one always watch your videos.

I have no idea what the situation is but I do know this much, if you let any circumstance or situation stop you from playing then you lose twice...

Again, I have no idea what the situation is but let's say for the sake of argument that you were ripped off by a fraudulent sale - if you let it rob you of your enjoyment of playing you're being robbed twice instead of once...

Good luck and best wishes,
John

That,s sad to hear something like this....I don't know what happened to you but keep in mind that for me, making music with my uke is always a pleasant moment that sometimes help me to get out of sad situations....

Best wishes.....

https://soundcloud.com/baouke/star-filante-by-caro-bao

Don't know what has happened, but I can guess! Please don't stop playing, you will be missed here. I for one always watch your videos.

I always enjoy your videos also.

I have no idea what the situation is but I do know this much, if you let any circumstance or situation stop you from playing then you lose twice...

Again, I have no idea what the situation is but let's say for the sake of argument that you were ripped off by a fraudulent sale - if you let it rob you of your enjoyment of playing you're being robbed twice instead of once...

Good luck and best wishes,
John
Echoing what John said. Please don't let a bad situation take ukulele away from you. I've watched your videos and can see how much you love it.

Illegitamus Noncarborandum (that's Latin for don't let the bastards wear you down!)

So Sorry you had a bad experience, especially on your birthday. Please grab one of your other ukes and play your favorite song to remind you why you wanted to play the uke in the first place.

Hope the rest of your birthday goes better

Jim

A transaction that went sour is simply that; a transaction that went sour. It only has relevance to your enjoyment of playing the uke if you make it so. This might sound like a tough love approach, but your options are clear. Do whatever is in your power to rectify the situation and, no matter what the outcome, move on.

It ain't healthy to associate possible toilet bound situations with a particular inanimate object with rest of your life experiences that give you pleasure and meaning. I just went back and looked at a couple of your videos and it is clear to me that you really enjoy playing the uke. Don't punish yourself. Make another video. Write a song. Remember "United breaks guitars". Make lemonade. OK, I am done for now.:)

I was very saddened to read your post. I really hope you are ok and will be feeling better soon. No knowing the details, I can only hope you are taking a temporary break from playing.....Please don't stop making music...music can heal and be an expression of love...... Remember the quote: "Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~Berthold Auerbach"and still another quote that I love: "Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness. ~Maya Angelou, Gather Together in My Name"
Please take care.

Hey, folks -- I want to thank all of you who responded to my thread here...as I read through your posts, tears welled up in my eyes...you guys are the best. Reading your posts helped ground me...to reflect upon those recent unpleasant "birthday uke blues" events, and look at them at an opportunity for growth.

As the saying goes, "in time, everything will work out." It's hard to accept that -- embrace that -- while one is going through tumult in one's life...but, I can tell you...yep, things did, eventually, work out. :) It was a painful process, but I guess a necessary one. Having all of your support throughout made a HUGE difference.

So, thanks for taking time to read my thread; thanks for taking time to respond -- but most of all -- thanks so very, very much for caring!

I'll say it again...you are all THE BEST! :)

Top Bottom