New (Viintage) Uke Day....

R

RyanMFT

So.....any guesses what is in the box?? I can't wait to get home!

Aloha Ryan,
Congratulations on your new jensen speakers.....LOL Okay you teaser...I have a feeling it has strings and it is a concert...do tell

Martin style 1??? Kumalae??? :drool: Hurry up and get home brother, the suspense is killing me... :)

An old fender tweed amp.:D

Congrats Ryan! I know you will put it to good use!

Thanks everyone, I just spent the last couple hours cleaning and touching it up. I removed, cleaned, lubricated the tuners, and put on new strings.....and......it sounds great! I am surprised at how big it is, that lower bout is huge when set next to my other ukuleles!

I have been looking for a Vita for a long time, and I finally happened upon one I could afford! I can't wait to share an updated photo and get to playing it!

http://www.amazon.com/Roy-Smeck-Wiz...UTF8&qid=1367680676&sr=8-4&keywords=roy+smeck

Ryan, did you see this book on Smeck? Cheap as a large bag of Fritos (if you have a Kindle). I read half of it, and learned much about Smeck. It is full of great details about his life, business contracts, and especially the ukuleles, Vita and others, that he sponsored. You might find it enjoyable. Warning: the writing is poor; disjointed, sometimes redundant, and dry as a Texas summer lake. I wish the author was a better writer, but not everyone is F Scott Fitzgerald. lol It does speak about the ukes, though.

Sweet Vita!:shaka:

Here are a couple photos of my Vita all cleaned up and with new strings. Martin M600's make it sing! One cool thing is that the scale is between soprano and concert.

Last edited:
That looks great. I really like that.

Thank you both! Stan, we should get ours together someday!

Newportlocal, I have been looking for about four years, and this one finally popped up, at a price I could afford! Keep looking!

Congrats Ryan! welcome to the vita family!
I just love vita ukes. They are the best uke that Harmony ever made.
Enjoy!

Top Bottom