NUD = Best wife ever!

UncleMoon

Reaction score
Look what my wife got me - it came today, fresh from eBay. 1965 (or so) Tombo Ukulet. Tenor scale - 17 1'2", and tuned low g, I don't think it had ever been tuned before. She's clean as a whistle. All I need now is a trip to Rad.io Sh.ack to pick up an adapter for the amp cord (it's 1/8' instead of 1/4").

Moon NUD.jpg

My wife has done stuff like that. Definitely keep her. :)

Some spouses spend their lives pushing against the musical passions of their spouse,
wanting them to *outgrow* it. And the good ones encourage the music, and do things
like what your wife did. Outstanding. Definite keeper. :)

Last edited:
My wife has done stuff like that. Definitely keep her. :)

Some spouses spend their lives pushing against the musical passions of their spouse,
wanting them to *outgrow* it. And the good ones encourage the music, and do things
like what your wife did. Outstanding. Definite keeper. :)

I'm a uker because of her. I had a guitar (she bought me that too), and she talked me into buying a uke "cuz it looks fun" I think she enjoys it almost as much as I do.

Aloha Ahnko Mahina,
Congrats on your Tombo tenor ukulele...looks sweet and different...man and the great wife...happy strummings...

Last edited:
It's a beauty. Your wife is definitely a gem!

I wonder; does your wife know what she's done? Next you'll be comparing amps and casting desirous eyes on FX pedals. Another AS to add to UAS! ;)

Now you got to do a video review. I'd really like to hear it.

It's a beauty. Your wife is definitely a gem!

I wonder; does your wife know what she's done? Next you'll be comparing amps and casting desirous eyes on FX pedals. Another AS to add to UAS! ;)

She's got a clue, it started with guitars.

My collection consists of (in addition to the new electric one)
2 Yamaha acoustic guitars,
a mid century Kay guitar,
a 60-70's Faircrest nylon string acoustic guiar,
a Peavy electric,
a hand built (by me) cigar box guitar,
a Mitchell Concert Uke,
a Lyons & Healy Camp uke (mid restoration),
a Lanikai Baritone Uke,
an O&S Zebra Tenor Uke,
a Duke Kahanamoku Soprano Uke,
a little bean shaped souvenir soprano with dolphins on it...

Squier SP-10 Amp
Fender Frontman Amp
Peavey Blazer 158 Amp

Now... to learn to play...

Top Bottom