Do Not Vote for my Pic!

Paul December

Reaction score
I don't have any chance of winning anyway, but wanted to share my pic here because I liked how it turned out.
Chicago isn't the prettiest place in Spring for photography, and I don't have any cute kids/kittens/puppies to pose next to my uke, so I had to really search my house for a good prop. Hell, I even have ugly hands, so I decided to use one of my wife's art models instead for the pic :D
I messed around with the depth-of-field on the camera to make the hand stand out and de-emphasize the headstock and background.

I really like it!

The tone of the uke's wood, the hand's wood, and the background blend nicely :)

:) Thanks!
Sorry if I came off as a jerk in your thread, I really do like your pic.

Totally fine -- it's not a big deal and I'm not offended =D I don't think I'm going to win at either at this rate, but I'm just happy to have people see and appreciate my image.

I don't have any chance of winning anyway, but wanted to share my pic here because I liked how it turned out.
Chicago isn't the prettiest place in Spring for photography, and I don't have any cute kids/kittens/puppies to pose next to my uke, so I had to really search my house for a good prop. Hell, I even have ugly hands, so I decided to use one of my wife's art models instead for the pic :D
I messed around with the depth-of-field on the camera to make the hand stand out and de-emphasize the headstock and background.

Cool pic. Are you left-handed?

The strings are the wrong way round then lol!!!:p

Great picture, like it, looks good

I wondered how long it would take before someone noticed :mad:
Truth be told, I wasn't committed enough to restring it for the pic :eek:
...not making excuses, but I did see a lefty guitarist play that way once :D

I'm entered in the contest and I'm not going to win either but it is kind of fun anyway. Please check out "Chilling at the beach Canadian style".

I like your photo :) . I started a thread in the general discussion section for everyone to share their photo entries. You should post yours there if you change your mind and want people to vote.

That's yours, huh? That one caught my eye enough to grab it to send to a friend. Also thought 'lefty'. Which Kala has that headstock?

That's yours, huh? That one caught my eye enough to grab it to send to a friend. Also thought 'lefty'. Which Kala has that headstock?

:) Thank you for the kind words, and to everyone else!

The headstock is from a Kala novelty pineapple. I was originally going to use my KoAloha because it too has a distinctive headstock...
...but then figured the Kala was more of a "Uke of the People".

Nice photos that we are all not voting for...;)

Mine is called "ukulele kitty". My little cat Gabe was jealous of the attention I was giving to my new ukes and decided to photobomb.

I can't get it to upload from my iPhone but I did have a NUD thread with pics.

Good luck to everyone!!

Top Bottom