New Old Baritone Uke Day!

H

Hippie Dribble

hey folks, bought a lovely old vintage (I think?) baritone on ebay last week. It doesn't have any marks or labels to identify it and I was hoping someone might be able to give me some clues as to maker and/or rough date of build.

Really don't know a thing about it. There seems to be an area on the headstock where a logo or decal has worn off. The tuners are friction style and have a fancy, embossed letter "W" on the knobs

Here's a few pictures...

019.jpg020.jpg021.jpg023.jpg024.jpg

It has a very nice sound. OK intonation, straight neck, no buzz, really, really low and easy playing action. A bit of dodgy gluing work on the back where someone's rejoined the sides, plenty or scratches on the back and sides so you can see it's been well loved and played. The top is almost immaculate though. Can't tell if it's laminate or solid but I'm guessing laminate with, possibly, a solid top. Just gotta work on the tuners a bit. Strung with two wound strings in standard G baritone tuning with a low D. The bonus is it was only $120; I feel like it's one of the best value uke purchases I've ever made. Anyway, recorded something last night to christen it.

Any I.D. help would be much appreciated gang, thanks

:)

Nice sound, both the uke and the singer. I don't see how you could play with that bulky jacket . Guess your Winter is coming on.

Aloha Eugene,
Congrats on the new vintage baritone...sounds great and nice playing....yes yes you are back into your buying UAS mode again....way to go bruddah...happy strummings..

Cool bari---sounds sweet!
Thanks Ralf, really pleased with it mate
Nice sound, both the uke and the singer. I don't see how you could play with that bulky jacket . Guess your Winter is coming on.
Cheers Shirley. yeah, had a monster frost this morning, the weather has certainly changed in the past couple of weeks
Aloha Eugene,
Congrats on the new vintage baritone...sounds great and nice playing....yes yes you are back into your buying UAS mode again....way to go bruddah...happy strummings..
Thanks Bruddah. it's a nice one and a good price. Still got no idea who built it but it's nice to play

Top Bottom