You can own Tiny Tim's 1915 Kumalae—now on ebay

hmmm, photo of the dead Tiny. Lovely, tasteful touch. :stop:

And stuck to the uke case is a sticker from a pair of pants. 46 x 32. Not so tiny after all.

Cruddy ad and no real documentation shown. Unless they update it might as well scream scam.

Cruddy ad and no real documentation shown. Unless they update it might as well scream scam.
yeah, for a uke of that supposed value the photography of the relevant documents and the uke itself is an insult

$283 for shipping from Ohio??!:wtf:

Yea, and if you click on his feedback, he's already sold Burt Bachrach's piano, Chuck Mangione's flugelhorn and Kenny G's oboe.

(kidding, made ya look)

What happened to Miss Vickie???

And it's not even the same uke as shown in the rather tasteless photo, either!! That one has binding round it & a plug for a strap!!

Sounds suss to me!!

RP

Ha ha, I love the banter. I was thinking the same exact thing as I was looking at the listing. So crass!

I simply cannot bring myself to believe that someone posts a photo of Tiny Tim in the coffin, in order to make a sale on eBay. It is a blatant show of greed, as well as of contempt for a deceased person and his family. Let us hope eBay has the sense to remove the ad as soon as possible.

THE Martin that he was playing when he collapsed on stage belongs to a UU member. that is not it. I would report them to Ebay.

I'm sure he owned more than one uke. If it claims to come with documentation, then it's likely legitimate, as the companies can be contacted and verified—if it turn out not to be legitimate, then the buyer can almost certainly get their money refunded. Although I doubt it will sell at $5,000.

I'm sure he owned more than one uke. If it claims to come with documentation, then it's likely legitimate, as the companies can be contacted and verified—if it turn out not to be legitimate, then the buyer can almost certainly get their money refunded. Although I doubt it will sell at $5,000.

I think they may be lucky to get $500 for it!

While provenance will certainly drive up the price of an instrument, price is determined by the reverence for the celebrity and the identifiability of the instrument. For example, Eric Clapton's Stratocaster "Blackie" sold for close to a million dollars, as did Jerry Garcia's handmade "Tiger." In both cases, you're talking about A-list celebrities, and the iconic instruments that are so closely identified with them as to be a part of their music.

No offense to Tiny Tim, but he is a C-list celebrity at best and this particular uke is not at all identified with him. Therefore, I would expect its collectible value would not be much above its market value. It won't realize anything near $5000.

Tiny Tim's uke would be worth wahtever somone wanted to pay for it...if I could authneticate it, and had more money than good sense, I'd pay a bunch for his uke...and I'd play it!
and I didn't see the casket shot....missed it....

I simply cannot bring myself to believe that someone posts a photo of Tiny Tim in the coffin, in order to make a sale on eBay. It is a blatant show of greed, as well as of contempt for a deceased person and his family. Let us hope eBay has the sense to remove the ad as soon as possible.

I think it was the deceased's family that first publicized the photo. I give the seller a pass on this one.

Top Bottom