Two Redwood Tops- Concert and Super Soprano

Wow.... Two beautiful instruments! It is amazing what some people "can't" use in terms of wood! How fantastic is it that that guy held onto that "cast off" wood! Beautiful. I like the tone of both - while I might lean toward liking a sharper attack (and I know that there are a lot of factors to the sound of the attack, including how the player chooses to play), I think they both have a great round sound. I think you did a nice job keeping the two playing samples even to show the sound of both.

Thanks for sharing.

Love the looks and sound of that super soprano!

Hi, Aaron.

That's a great comparison. I like your comparison videos (e.g. four tunings of baritone uke comparison) as they deserve re-watching every once in a while when a subject comes up on UU that pertains to what you recorded. Another that comes to mind is your comparison of four sizes of pineapple ukes. Lovely! Thanks for taking the time.

Off topic: one of the Pegheds on my Mya Moe is slightly less tight than the other three--I think it just lets the string go out of tune a tad. It's minor. I have read that the tuning knob can be pulledout slightly to tighten, but I'm tugging and no movement (and scared to tug any more). For me and future Peghed owners, since Mya Moe uses them, can you do a shop minute video what shows how to tug out and re-set/tighten these Pegheds. I think it'd be useful for many over time. Thanks so much. Steve

Hi, Aaron.

That's a great comparison. I like your comparison videos (e.g. four tunings of baritone uke comparison) as they deserve re-watching every once in a while when a subject comes up on UU that pertains to what you recorded. Another that comes to mind is your comparison of four sizes of pineapple ukes. Lovely! Thanks for taking the time.

Off topic: one of the Pegheds on my Mya Moe is slightly less tight than the other three--I think it just lets the string go out of tune a tad. It's minor. I have read that the tuning knob can be pulledout slightly to tighten, but I'm tugging and no movement (and scared to tug any more). For me and future Peghed owners, since Mya Moe uses them, can you do a shop minute video what shows how to tug out and re-set/tighten these Pegheds. I think it'd be useful for many over time. Thanks so much. Steve

Hey Cool put out loosens..push in tightens..my Pegheds work fine,,

I will do a shop minute about it tomorrow, but yes, push in to tighten pull out to loosen.

Those are both beautiful ukuleles. The bird's eye redwood it stunning. Like the sound of the concert better.

Aloha Aaron..
I too love the concert sound much better...and the redwood birdeye as well... both are awesome ukes....thank you for sharing...Bonita got it right:)

Thanks for the video, Aaron. One of the reasons you gotta love the relationship that UU has with top notch builders like Mya Moe. Someone requested that Aaron explain peghed tuners in a video, one day later its here. It's not like Aaron has a backlog of 200+ ukes to build, or plan his upcoming tour, or promote his cd or his books or anything like that...

Top Bottom