Sailor Brand Soprano w/ Pegheds & Misi - made in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo9090x

Reaction score
**SOLD, thanks everyone!**
I bought this from Plainsong back in November to play with my nephew and that hasn't happened so it's time to re-home this beauty to someone that can give it play time. Great piece with great features, I'm confident someone will really enjoy it.

Don't buy this if you're looking for a cosmetically perfect piece, because it's not. But it's not a beater either, it's just not perfect for the Type A personalities out there. It's got a couple of character flaws, none of which affect its great plinky soprano sound. It's a lot of fun! It's not the loudest uke I've played, but not the softest either. I'd say in the middle. And the Sailor Brand/Loprinzi quality is excellent.

I'll quote Plainsong for a few lines which is what sold me on the uke to begin with:
"It sounds huge plugged in. Unplugged, it is a very bright uke, what I'd call plucky, but the notes ring out as they should, all the way up the fretboard. The neck is thin, the frets are in good shape, and intonation is great. Fretting just the A string 12th fret and strumming everything else open, if the intonation is bad, that doesn't work.

Edit to add: A word about the veneer over the solid back and sides: It doesn't feel like veneer, and I think the big thing it has going for it is maybe there's a tad more protection there, should you ever find your Sailor in less-than-friendly-to-ukulele climates for brief periods of time."

The Specs:
Solid cedar top
Solid poplar back and sides with Eucalyptus veneer
14 frets to the body, 19 overall (very playable all the way up the fretboard)
Peghed tuners
Misi acoustic trio pickup
Currently has on new Living Water strings

Issues:
  • None that effect the sound.
  • On the top of the uke the finish on the binding ran a bit.
  • Some dents under the bridge where the strings have dinged the surface a bit, but I hard to capture with a camera.
  • A very small dent on the front upper left of the body
  • Bits of residue glue on the back of the head plate where the Pegheds were installed
  • The saddle is a bit small for Plainsong's taste. It might be perfectly safe, but it was loose enough in the saddle for her to add a bit of paper to eliminate the tilt. Saddles are replaceable if it bothers you, but the paper has worked well.

Included Items:
  • Misi Charger (US pins)
  • Vineyard Gig bag

Overall
Despite the little bits I've described, this uke is in overall very nice condition and has some great features. The original price of a Sailor Brand uke with eucalyptus without Pegheds or a Misi, is $300. For those of you who don't know, Sailor Brand ukes are made in the USA by the folks who make Loprinzi ukes. Thanks for looking!

Price: $255 shipped CONUS

Attachments

• IMG_0432.jpg
    IMG_0432.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 177
  • PB010349.jpg
    PB010349.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 143
  • PB010365.jpg
    PB010365.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Shoot. Been thinking about this one a lot but just don't have the cash at the moment. Looks like a nice package. Someone snap this up!

Now includes free shipping

Uke includes Vineyard gig bag and free shipping in conus.

This is a lot of uke for this kind of money!!!!!!!!!!!! I've seen people pay $250 for some pretty mediocre ukes.....this isn't one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom