The Greatest Ukulele Store in the WORLD!!!!!!

lancemanion

Reaction score
Stopped by HMS on the North Shore of Oahu today and asked to buy some D'Addarios. Aaron asked me what kind I would like. I said, "t2 titaniums, arn't those the kind Aldrine uses?" Aaron answers,"I think so, let me check". Picks up phone, dials, "Hey Aldrine, what kind of strings you using now? Thanks, Bye". Aaron, "Yah, he's using t2's".
Tell me, is there anyother ukulele store in the world that can offer this kind of service?

Nice story. Sounds like you are having a great time.:D

I absolutely agree. I had a super-stellar email exchange with Andrew this afternoon, working out some details of a purchase I made on the website this morning. They are the best!

Yes, Yes, Yes. I have never been there in person but a fantastic business to deal with.

On a side note, let's hope that small businesses and sellers like HMS will not be required to collect state sales tax from out of state internet sales. It will definitely hurt the little guys!

Funny story!

*Although if it were me, I'd be buying more than strings if I were on Oahu. Just saying. ;)

"Did you ever see the Bob Newhart skit where he pretends to have a conversation on a phone "

Yes yes yes. That was before "My name is Larry and this is my brother Daryl and this is my other brother Daryl."

Did you ever see the Bob Newhart skit where he pretends to have a conversation on a phone ;)

Bob made whole albums like that. That was a big part of his stand-up act.

Yes i think The Ukulele Site(aka HMS) is the greatest ukulele store in the World too! nicest ukuleles and the best customer service with MGM(and beth too.) Aaron and the boss Andrew no one close..

and just to throw in..they are all great family men too..i would have to say family first for them,but ukulele comes next!

Last edited:
We should all stop by and ask them, what string does "Insert Name" play and see their response? :p

?! I don't remember getting a phone call...

Lol. Aaron just called me. It seems that he thought you were asking what Kalei played and dialed what he thought was Kalei's number. He dialed Chris Salvador instead and said "Hey bro, what strings you play" and Chris replied with "T2's"

So as luck would have it, I DO play T2's. I introduced them to Chris Salvador and he uses them as well. So even with all the mix ups, you still got the right strings. HMS is magical like that.

I know the answer to this one! D'Addario J71. And this time I did dial the right #... Note to self, get new phone, and stop calling everyone dude, bro, bradda man ect... From now on use Names!
Now that's funny!!!

Wait........so what strings does Kalei use????

Top Bottom