NUD!! Kiwaya KTS-7

Mattyukaholic

Reaction score
Well my KTS7 arrived today and I'm already in love. And that's not just me being overexcited about a new Uke. At first I was slightly disappointed by the high action (very different to my KTS4) and poor strings. But I changed to worth clears and sanded the saddle (being careful for intonation issues) and it now sounds truly wonderful. I've been playing it non stop and it sounds better and better as the strings settle.

My first impression are it is loud! Surprisingly it is even louder than the KTS4. I'm surprised because the KTS7 has a longer fretboard and more ornamentation which I thought would dampen the sound if anything. It doesn't. Maybe it's the different grade of mahogany? It is lighter Honduran mahogany. The sound is very bright - more top end than the KTS4. It really does sound great. I'm glad I have both as the sound is different on each.

It is very very light and is really comfortable to play. The neck is thin which helps. It really does look beautiful too. The wood grain shows through and is quite lovely for mahogany, with nice patterning. The purfling is done well and to me is very attractive. The attention to detail is superb. The fretwork is neat (as is everything.)

I'll post some videos comparing the models when I get a chance and the strings have settled.

I'm really happy with this Uke. I think my UAS is on hold now. I love my Kiwayas and LoPrinzi. They're the ones for me!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Aloha Matty,
congrats on the new Kiwaya 7....it looks awesome...and glad you got a good sounding one...hope is as sweet as loud....have fun and enjoy....Happy Strummings/..

Top Bottom