The "I actually have an Outdoor Ukulele in my hands" thread

bborzell

Reaction score
Toe tapping...

No rushing now...

Stay in line...

Let's not all start talking at once...

Yeah, I haven't received mine yet either.

let's toe-tap in unison :)

keep uke'in',

There always has to be at least one showoff.

thank you for making a thread so I can watch y'all with them. still confused how #19 shipped today. GRRRRR
Please put your number in so we can track were they are in sending them out, Please

thank you for making a thread so I can watch y'all with them. still confused how #19 shipped today. GRRRRR
Please put your number in so we can track were they are in sending them out, Please

Tim, I think they realized that they didn't sound too good with the original strings and put the brakes on last week after 14 or so went out. Now it appears that they've regrouped and are full steam ahead. I'll bet there's a good sound sample video on their FB page soon.

I am/was order #15.
I received a "your uke has shipped" email on 05/01.
On 05/02, the USPS website said that it would be delivered on 05/04.
Imagine my surprise on 05/03 when the USPS website said it was out for delivery.
Sure enough, there it was in my mailbox when I got home that afternoon.

As lame as it is I did create an Outdoor Ukulele group, if anyone wants to join that is. Denver is closer than St Louis and I think a USPS hub.. I wonder if I'll get mine tomorrow? It'll probably hit the sorting facility tomorrow morning and likely not hit local delivery until the day after if things go smoothly.

Last edited:
Seems a bit odd to have a bought and paid for uke sitting around at the manufacturers while waiting for a string shipment. I'd rather get mine #191 without strings than. I'll probably swap the strings they put on it anyhoo.

Seems a bit odd to have a bought and paid for uke sitting around at the manufacturers while waiting for a string shipment. I'd rather get mine #191 without strings than. I'll probably swap the strings they put on it anyhoo.

If they string it up that at least means they tested the tuners. Agreed on the strings. The monos would have been a curiousity that lived for maybe a single soundfile/video. I have no clue about the bionylons. This video is somewhat encouraging though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGzQJmIL6JE

Last edited:
If they string it up that at least means they tested the tuners. Agreed on the strings. The monos would have been a curiousity that lived for maybe a single soundfile/video. I have no clue about the bionylons. This video is somewhat encouraging though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGzQJmIL6JE

Oh no. Does this mean that the Aquila Bionylon strings are being shipped from Russia?

i have #20 and my status is stuck at Electronic Shipping Info Received just as it was 2 days ago. Tracking data just updated. Interesting it didn't actually arrive at the bend oregon post office until 1030pm Bend local. Estimated arrival for me is tomorrow. Sometime early this morning it left Portland.

Last edited:
I actually have an Outdoor Uke (Order #34, with Grover tuners) in my hands.

100_1752.jpg

New Strings, I'm not good with friction tuners... doesn't sound bad, for not yet holding tune...

-Kurt​

I thought these babies would have some sort of spiffy headstock graphic.

This thread is useless without pics. Please people. Think of the children.

Top Bottom