I'm banned from eBay

D

dhoenisch

Not really, I banned myself from eBay.

After I won the auction for my banjo uke, I was still on the hunt for a Harmony soprano with wood fretboard. I finally found it at a music store, and I told myself that I have all the ukes I wanted and I would need no more.

Well, after my mom saw and played my Harmony, she wanted one too, so I returned to eBay to search one out for her. Did I find one? No, but I found a banjo uke I liked even better, it was even older than the one I had just purchased, and I had to have it. Got it for like $85. Then I told myself I was being ridiculous with this ukulele stuff, and I would ONLY search for Harmony ukes. So back to eBay I went, but then saw a Flamingo uke in good condition with all it's tuners someone had just listed with a $20 Buy It Now price and $8 shipping, so I snatched that up. Sheesh, now what the heck am I going to do with a plastic ukulele? So last night, I finally won an auction for a 1930's era mahogany Harmony uke for my mom (though she may want my 1950's one instead, which is fine since I like the older one better). So, that concludes my search. Unfortunately, I ended up with two additional ukes I didn't need doing a search for HER uke. So... NO MORE EBAY FOR ME!!!!! ...until I want something else :eek:

I'm telling you, this madness doesn't end. On a good note, I sold one uke and one guitar, and gave my mom my previous banjo uke as she wanted one, and I can't subject myself to eBay right now. I mean, I no longer have a car and I need to save up money to buy one before the Fall when it's no longer feasible to ride a motorcycle.

Dan

It gets crazy doesn't it? I have things I NEED but I spend more money on ukes I WANT! I've even started making up excuses in my mind..today I was thinking 'hmmmm, but I really do need a loud ukulele to gig with.....' just to justify looking at KoAlohas!

I feel like I have the same problem on the Market Place here! I'm always looking for something nice that I can buy or trade, even if its just to play for a little while. That Sailor is calling my name currently. UAS is the worst, and the best!
GPC

I wish I could get my parents to do this :)

Top Bottom