PDA

View Full Version : New Pono PRO CLASSICS now all have radius fretboards

MGM
05-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Unloading the container I asked John Kitakis whats new and all the new pro classics now have a radius fretboard...flat fretboard still available by custom order only with lead time 6 to 8 months....the regular models are still flat fretboards.

hawaii 50
05-08-2013, 10:05 AM
Aloha Mike..Getting excited about New York, I am sure..

I really like a radius on the fret board..my old hands like it! I can feel the difference..almost all my ukes have a radius..so good move by the Pono guys(John that is)

when you going have the new ukes at The Ukulele Site(aka HMS)?

Paul December
05-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Even the Baritones :confused:

vanflynn
05-08-2013, 10:29 AM
and Sopranos and Concerts?

Wicked
05-08-2013, 10:37 AM
That’s pretty groovy, Mike….. If I wasn’t saving my pennies for a Ko’olau CS, I would probably grab one.

MGM
05-08-2013, 10:37 AM
and Sopranos and Concerts?

No only tenor and Baritone PRO CLASSIC have the radius fretboard

bborzell
05-08-2013, 10:52 AM
When might they start showing up on the website?

MGM
05-08-2013, 03:20 PM
When might they start showing up on the website?
the new radius pro classics should start showing up tonight according to Andrew......right now they are in a picture taking and sample recording session

Paul December
05-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Price increase for it?

MGM
05-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Aloha Mike..Getting excited about New York, I am sure..

I really like a radius on the fret board..my old hands like it! I can feel the difference..almost all my ukes have a radius..so good move by the Pono guys(John that is)

when you going have the new ukes at The Ukulele Site(aka HMS)?

should all be there by Saturday though some will show up tomorrow at the store

caukulele
05-09-2013, 07:02 AM
Wow Mike, some of the samples are up on the web site and they sound incredible...any hope that some pro classic concerts with the same qualities will be coming out in the future? I really loved the sound and looks of those tenors... Very nice ukuleles!

bborzell
05-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Is there a "special" place on the website for the new radiused tenors? All that I found a few minutes ago seemed to be what has been listed for some time. Didn't see mention of radius FBs.

Paul December
05-09-2013, 08:34 AM
Is there a "special" place on the website for the new radiused tenors? All that I found a few minutes ago seemed to be what has been listed for some time. Didn't see mention of radius FBs.

Type "radius" in their search window.

kvehe
05-09-2013, 09:36 AM
If you filter it by brand, there are three on the first of the two Pono pages. If I hadn't heard this morning that the company I work for is planning "massive layoffs" in the very near future, I would already have snapped one of them up.

Dan Uke
05-09-2013, 11:35 AM
I just heard this one with the radius fretboard and it sounds really good!!

http://www.theukulelesite.com/pono-wtsh-wi-awa-spruce-pro-classic.html

OldePhart
05-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Do the Pro Classics also all have slotted headstocks? I'm really intrigued by the radiused fretboard, and that clip certainly sounds great, but I absolutely despise changing strings on a slotted head stock! (Though, honestly, if I like the rest of the instrument enough I can live with it - as long as I don't have to change strings too often.)

John

Steedy
05-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Oh crap, and me with a weakness for Pono Tenors...

MGM
05-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Not all are slot heads As long as its a pro classic new shipment it has a radius fretboard

Trinimon
05-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Oh wow, those looks and sound sweet! My nephew is heading over to Oahu end of next month... might have to get him to stop by the shop which won't take much coaxing from me. lol

experimentjon
05-09-2013, 07:20 PM
These Pono Pro Classics are just so tempting...and this is yet another reason...

OldePhart
05-10-2013, 03:00 AM
Not all are slot heads As long as its a pro classic new shipment it has a radius fretboard

Thanks Mike. After my wallet recovers from the UWC trip I'll have to make a decision whether to go with one of these with a good pickup or the Godin multi-uke. It's going to be a tough call; wish I could play them both, first. Either one will do me well but I'll always be wondering about the other one... LOL

John