New Pono PRO CLASSICS now all have radius fretboards

MGM

Reaction score
Unloading the container I asked John Kitakis whats new and all the new pro classics now have a radius fretboard...flat fretboard still available by custom order only with lead time 6 to 8 months....the regular models are still flat fretboards.

Aloha Mike..Getting excited about New York, I am sure..

I really like a radius on the fret board..my old hands like it! I can feel the difference..almost all my ukes have a radius..so good move by the Pono guys(John that is)

when you going have the new ukes at The Ukulele Site(aka HMS)?

That’s pretty groovy, Mike….. If I wasn’t saving my pennies for a Ko’olau CS, I would probably grab one.

When might they start showing up on the website?

When might they start showing up on the website?
the new radius pro classics should start showing up tonight according to Andrew......right now they are in a picture taking and sample recording session

Aloha Mike..Getting excited about New York, I am sure..

I really like a radius on the fret board..my old hands like it! I can feel the difference..almost all my ukes have a radius..so good move by the Pono guys(John that is)

when you going have the new ukes at The Ukulele Site(aka HMS)?

should all be there by Saturday though some will show up tomorrow at the store

Wow Mike, some of the samples are up on the web site and they sound incredible...any hope that some pro classic concerts with the same qualities will be coming out in the future? I really loved the sound and looks of those tenors... Very nice ukuleles!

Is there a "special" place on the website for the new radiused tenors? All that I found a few minutes ago seemed to be what has been listed for some time. Didn't see mention of radius FBs.

Is there a "special" place on the website for the new radiused tenors? All that I found a few minutes ago seemed to be what has been listed for some time. Didn't see mention of radius FBs.

Type "radius" in their search window.

If you filter it by brand, there are three on the first of the two Pono pages. If I hadn't heard this morning that the company I work for is planning "massive layoffs" in the very near future, I would already have snapped one of them up.

Do the Pro Classics also all have slotted headstocks? I'm really intrigued by the radiused fretboard, and that clip certainly sounds great, but I absolutely despise changing strings on a slotted head stock! (Though, honestly, if I like the rest of the instrument enough I can live with it - as long as I don't have to change strings too often.)

John

Oh crap, and me with a weakness for Pono Tenors...

Not all are slot heads As long as its a pro classic new shipment it has a radius fretboard

Top Bottom