how was your christmas.

bundy

Reaction score
my christmas was alright. it was a typical filipino christmas at my aunts house. lotsa food, lotsa people. i was feeling just okay... until my cousin showed me she just ordered a new ukulele for me.:rock: so, in a couple of days ill be playing on a kala concert spruce top. :nana: so howd you spend your christmas and what did you get from other people?

Did you have "Lumpia"?

I was sick this Christmas. I did nothing all day long. Sister 1&2 fought with 3 and Sisters 1&2 watched a movie, that I already saw. I stayed in my room almost all day... My parents went out to gamble, haha.

I got sweats (yes, the pants) and $20 from my mom for Christmas, and that's it.

How was everyone else's Christmas?

I was sick this Christmas. I did nothing all day long. Sister 1&2 fought with 3 and Sisters 1&2 watched a movie, that I already saw. I stayed in my room almost all day... My parents went out to gamble, haha.

I got sweats (yes, the pants) and $20 from my mom for Christmas, and that's it.

How was everyone else's Christmas?

my cousins and i were sick on christmas too. and our parents went out to gamble after the parties, haha. but some dicks tried to break into the house last night before i got home, luckily they didnt get in. they only drilled through one of the locks and i guess someone scared them off and they ran.

and @Howie

yes. there was lots of lumpia.

i was also sick. but it was still cool. I got the UU t-shirt i ordered a couple weeks ago. my mom held it until christmas lol. a couple books, and some hard cash from my grandparents. my dad also bought my brother and i skiis(heck yeeeea) so ill use my money for skiing and hopefully to buy a new uke, if im not sick that is. :(

Christmas Eve started off pretty bad for us as my dog was bleeding internally. We spent most of the day at the Vet Hospital and they kept her overnight. They called us at 6:00am on Christmas morning and said we could bring her home. So we've spent the last couple days nursing her back to health. She started to eat better today so things are looking up.

I guess the trip down to the San Jose jam was a little too much for her at 14 years old.

My Christmas was wonderful. My wife and I were asked to play at a couple of parties, one benefit and one paying gig. I met the nicest people; it absolutely made my holiday season. At one party I started to tear up when we were playing Silent Night and the entire crowd started singing. Playing this little Ukulele has been a life changing experience. I’m gonna start picking out songs for our “Spring Garden Party” show tomorrow. Uke on!!!

Christmas Eve started off pretty bad for us as my dog was bleeding internally. We spent most of the day at the Vet Hospital and they kept her overnight. They called us at 6:00am on Christmas morning and said we could bring her home. So we've spent the last couple days nursing her back to health. She started to eat better today so things are looking up.

I guess the trip down to the San Jose jam was a little too much for her at 14 years old.

A couple of years ago I lost my job of 14 years and things were looking real bad, then 2 months later my cat of 15 years, twinkie, got sick and passed. I was more upset about the cat!!! Those pets are like family. Glad ot hear your buddy is feeing better!!

Christmas started like a Griswold vacation- I flew my Mom in to NY from Michigan, but she missed the flight and had to sit in the airport for 13 hours. Work kept me busy right down to the wire so I had to limit my shopping time (Probably better i the long run.) I did manage to hit up the music stores - some Intelli Tuners for uke friends and a set of bongos for my son.

I have an old jeep wrangler that can barely seat 4, let alone hold suitcases and presents. I strapped everything onto he roof and away we went. 3 hours in driving rain and we arrived at our house to find NO HEAT! The furnace would not start. It was colder inside the house than out! I somehow managed to get a guy to come take a look. He discovered that the problem was electric and not heating, so he was off the hook. I rigged the furnace to a breaker that formerly was the dining room outlets and PRESTO! Heat. It should be mentioned that I have just enough DIY knowledge to be dangerous. Anyway, the dining room was dark, but the heat was on, so that seemed like a good trade.

Because of the whole day shot dealing with the heat, no time to get a xmas tree. I could have dealt, but my 6 year old was heartbroken. So I went out and cut down the scraggliest, sorry excuse for a tree from the yard. This thing makes the Charlie Brown tree look perfect. BUT- It was a huge hit and we laughed our asses off.

In the end we have all agreed that it was one of the best Christmases ever because we were all just happy to be sitting in a heated home, with family, and good friends.

Happy holidays UU and everyone here.

Dom......I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I am a Veterinarian and am a little curious about the bleeding internally problem. What was the diagnosis? Sounded serious, I am surprised that that they released her the next morning.........Hope she is doing well........Howie

Last edited:
Yup

Christmas started like a Griswold vacation- I flew my Mom in to NY from Michigan, but she missed the flight and had to sit in the airport for 13 hours. Work kept me busy right down to the wire so I had to limit my shopping time (Probably better i the long run.) I did manage to hit up the music stores - some Intelli Tuners for uke friends and a set of bongos for my son.

I have an old jeep wrangler that can barely seat 4, let alone hold suitcases and presents. I strapped everything onto he roof and away we went. 3 hours in driving rain and we arrived at our house to find NO HEAT! The furnace would not start. It was colder inside the house than out! I somehow managed to get a guy to come take a look. He discovered that the problem was electric and not heating, so he was off the hook. I rigged the furnace to a breaker that formerly was the dining room outlets and PRESTO! Heat. It should be mentioned that I have just enough DIY knowledge to be dangerous. Anyway, the dining room was dark, but the heat was on, so that seemed like a good trade.

Because of the whole day shot dealing with the heat, no time to get a xmas tree. I could have dealt, but my 6 year old was heartbroken. So I went out and cut down the scraggliest, sorry excuse for a tree from the yard. This thing makes the Charlie Brown tree look perfect. BUT- It was a huge hit and we laughed our asses off.

In the end we have all agreed that it was one of the best Christmases ever because we were all just happy to be sitting in a heated home, with family, and good friends.

Happy holidays UU and everyone here.

I spent the christmas with rogue wave and family. yes, it was a sorry excuse for a tree, but it was awesome anyways. I got some money so I'm thinkin of upgrading my uke. :D maybe to this: http://www.amazon.com/Oscar-Schmidt...=UTF8&coliid=I1TBS3DLP4134B&colid=HZJ3WXM9JR9

????????????????????????

Last edited:
Dom......I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I am a Veterinarian and am a little curious about the bleeding internally problem. What was the diagnosis? Sounded serious, I am surprised that that they released her the next morning.........Hope she is doing well........Howie

Howie, I will send you a PM.

Dom, I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope Bandit is feeling better, and that you and Joanne are well.

I know how difficult it is to see our beloved doggies experience any sadness or pain. Sending good thoughts your way!!! -Heather

Pixie's tummy was a little upset, but we put some stuff in her food and she was feeling good as new. I know getting Bandit back home so quickly must have felt a bit like a Christmas miracle anyway. They're not LIKE family. They ARE family.

Hi and Happy Post Christmas to you all.

We had a superb time, we went out to a restaurant for a traditional Christmas meal (9 of us) and had a ball.

I DID get a ukulele which I love and some music books to go with it and way too much other stuff to list, suffice to say I'll be eating chocolates, smelling nice and playing on the wii for a long long time yet.

Hey Howie, my other half is also a vet - what sort of practice do you have ?

Well I guess it's time to start saying Happy New Year ??

MiaRosie :music:
(off to learn how to play this thing better)

Top Bottom