Oasis Ukulele Humidifier ... hanging position?

JT of PA

Reaction score

Last edited:
Mine falls off inside quite often, I just fish it out and wasn't real concerned. Should I be ?

I have used these in my sopranos for a couple of years with no issue. Yes they touch the back on mine but with the design of the humidifier it is not an issue.

I'm with Mxyzptik--it falls off inside my tenor very easily and it's frustrating to always have to fish it out before playing.

Can anyone with one of the "case" Oasis models measure it and tell me how long it is? I think I'd just rather have one in the case instead but I can't find a measurement online anywhere for the "case" models. I emailed Oasis but they haven't responded yet...

I am down to using Oasis exclusively. Do they touch the inside of the uke? Depends on the uke. I am not concerned, though. With the way it is designed, there will not be a problem. I like the fact that it humidifies from the inside-out instead of the outside-in. I'm not sure any of that matters, though. Every time I measure the humidity in the case, it is fine.

What are your concerns about the humidifier touching the inside?

I use them, but don't hang them in the sound hole. I just stash them in the ukulele cases, up by the head stock. Keeps the humidity around 50% in my hard cases.

Last edited:
My Oasis case humidifier is a little over 4 inches long. It's about 3.5" from the bottom to the neck. I always just keep it in the case, usually near the headstock. Since the water is absorbed by the gel beads, the outside surface is always dry.

–Lori

x2. I have a hygrometer in one of my cases and the case stays humidified if I just stash the humidifier in the case. My "fancy" ukulele have two humidifiers in the case...

I use them, but don't hang them in the sound hole. I just stash them in the ukulele cases, up by the head stock. Keeps the humidity around 50% in my hard cases.

Sits in my koaloha concert and rests on the bottom brace with no issues/discoloration.

Second to Chrimess, I have one in my Koaloha soprano and it does not touch the bottom of the uke. I have a bunch of home made ones in my other ukes and I also prefer that they not touch anything, but sometimes you can't avoid it. But with the Oasis and the hanging attachment, I have not had a problem with "regular" depth ukes.
Cheers,
GPC

DSCF3911.jpgI have an Oasis in my Koaloha, but for the rest of my Solid Ukes I use a pill bottle with sponge
inside. There are holes in the bottom of the pill bottle as well. I suspend it in the soundhole between the 2nd-3rd strings-that way I know for sure the moisture will be inside the body and it doesnt touch the wood. Use the Anti-Bacterial sponges by Xcello. Not worried about the strings-they get stretched a lot while playing.

Last edited:
Thanks, Lori. Now I'll measure my case (do you use the little magnet-y thing to keep it on the side of the case or ??).

Yes, I do when I can. It comes with one metal strip with adhesive backing, and sometimes that will stick if the lining isn't too furry. On gig bags, I take the clip attatchment and hand sew it to the inside wall of the bag near the base of the neck, above the soundbox. That works very well, and keeps it from rolling around in the bag. In several cases, it is just loose under the headstock, and seems to do no harm.

–Lori

Top Bottom