WTB: Gibson TU-3 Tenor Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryn

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I am in the hunt of Gibson TU-3 Tenor Ukulele in good playable condition (no crack if possible). Please let me know if you have one want to sell.

Aloha!

Harry

strumsilly, You have a baritone for sale?

Feel free to PM me :)
Although I am still looking for Tenor TU-3

I had a Gibson TU-1 sometime back, wonderful instrument. I see a few of them for sale occasionally. I've only seen 1 TU-3 for sale, they must be pretty rare. Here it is: Gibson TU-3

Thank you, rbeetsme & eyeguy

I saw this one too, but I think the price is over-priced a lot. :(

IMHO,
- from a player's angle, Gibson's ukulele is great. I have a soprano style 3 and it is fantastic. However, if I paid for $4950, I could have a lot of options from the top-tier luthiers.
- from a collector's angle, Gibson's ukulele is rare. However, comparing with Martin, it seems Martin has a better value in view of collectible uke.

btw, I am still looking for a good & playable condition Gibson TU3. :)

Aloha Harry,
I have the Gibson TU1 that rbeetsme mentioned...bought it from him about 2 yrs ago. It is indeed a wonderful instrument. The only thing I don't like about it are the original tuning pegs. I was thinking of swapping them out but don't want to lower the value of it by changing the hole size.
Anyway, I have way too many ukes and might consider selling it. Let me know if you're interested.
Glenn

I use to change the tuning pegs of my vintage ukulele, so that they become easier to play with. I use Pegheds to do this. I will get the exact size I need, so I never change the hole size. You can try this too. :)

btw, PM sent ;)

Peg heads require a tapered hole which means I would have to ream out the existing hole...ain't gonna do this on a '41 Gibson. I got your PM...forget about it!
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom