New (and first!) uke has arrived!!

silveraven

Reaction score
I know most people on here have better ukes. :p But I am so excited with my first ukulele and I want to share!

There are quite a few UUers who own a Luna Honu soprano, but I'm not sure how many people have posted pics of them. I got mine from HMS (EXCELLENT service!) and it travelled across the world in a week. Good thing is, Malaysia doesn't tax musical instruments. ;) It ended up being cheaper than getting an un-setup-ed uke locally.

I got a hard case along with it as well because it's also cheaper getting them together then getting a case here locally. Will be using it when I have to travel around.

Not sure if Andrew and/or his wife will ever see this, but my sincere thanks for being so patient with all my emails and the awful PayPal confusion. I'm so glad that I went with HMS in the end. :D

Attachments

• IMG_2676.jpg
    IMG_2676.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2677.jpg
    IMG_2677.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2678.jpg
    IMG_2678.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2679.jpg
    IMG_2679.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 55
Looks fantastic! Congratulations on your new uke.

Silveraven, congrats on your Luna! Well wishes for much merry music making!

Awesome. My first Uke was also a Luna. Great little ukes.

Congratulations. It is funny ... your sequenced pictures of opening the parcel reminds me of a father photographing memorable moments of the birth of his first born child. You should pass out cigars or somethig. Congratulations! !!

Last edited:
Congratulations. It is funny ... your sequenced pictures of opening the parcel reminds me of a father photographing memorable moments of the birth of his first born child. You should pass out cigars or somethig. Congratulations! !!

Haha! Just felt like I must show everyone how well packed it was! Not sure if I would enjoy pictures of moments of birth. They're kinda messy... :-/

Aloha Silverraven
Congratulations on your new Luna....You know when I did go to HMS, I really thought the luna ukes sounded good and almost got one...they are a good value.
have fun and enjoy....Happy Strummings...

"This design is based on a Hawaiian turtle (honu), a symbol of longevity and endurance rendered in a Polynesian tattoo style."
Nice looking uke!

love the graphics on the sound hole! very cute uke and very nice case. Congradulations, its a fun ride and the people here on UU make it that much more enjoyable!

HMS is wonderful to buy from. And your new uke is so pretty -- I know you will love playing it for a long time to come. Congratulations!

Congratulations on your new Uke dude. The first of many, I'm sure.

My Luna Honu:

uke.jpg

And my "other" Honu:

tat_h.jpg

Congratulations! The first uke is something special, you will have such fun together.

Woo Hoo! Congrats! That new uke thrill is something.

Hope you two make much happy music together

Top Bottom