Broken Levee Blues (for 64th Season)

Just fabulous Doc, so authentic. You have a way with this stuff like nobody else.

Just checked out your youtube vids. You were either born a couple of decades too late or youtube has been up a lot longer than I thought it was. Great authentic stuff.

Just checked out your youtube vids. You were either born a couple of decades too late or youtube has been up a lot longer than I thought it was. Great authentic stuff.

Hehe, well...yes, I may well belong to another time...fact is, I have listened to - and played - old blues and similar since I was about ten or twelve years old. I started playing ragtime and boogie woogie on piano around that time, after my piano teacher told my parents that she'd rather let me go because i never practised the classical stuff she gave me. Somehow, she stumbled upon the idea to give me Scott Joplin rags and transcribed boogie stuff to play, and I was hooked forever. I started listening extensively to any kind of early African American music, taught myself to play guitar (poorly) ukulele and tuba - as well as various accordions (bitten by zydeco bug). There is something about this music that I love dearly, and I have had the immense privilege of meeting and playing with some great original artists; such as Eddie Bo, Big Al Carson and Marva Wright from New Orleans, blues man Louisiana Red and piano master Little Willie Littlefield among them. I am not the one to pass judgment on whatever other music people enjoy listening to, but the old blues and jazz talked to me early, and keeps talking to me today. If only everybody could get as much pleasure from the music they love as I have gotten from mine, I think there would be a distinct possibility of world peace.

Hello Dr. Bekken, I like your performance very much. May I add my comping to this video :D ? I can record and mix it.

This is my past Blues video : Rock Me Baby. I can use acoustic+slide to comp with your video.

Last edited:
Top Bottom