Tuning question

beanneil

Reaction score
I have some Hawaiian sheet music and it has uke chords with open strings Bb Eb G C and also some music with F Bb D G open strings. I think they are in Bb and F tunings, I am not sure, Im only learning about this stuff. :confused:

Can someone tell me where I can find a chord chart for both of these tunings.

Thanks. :D

if it's OPEN tuning, where strumming all the strings without forming any chord sounds like a 'chord', then you may have to figure out your own 'fingering' for chords.

this is where music theory comes in handy especially if you know HOW chords are made up (ie which notes are needed to form a particular chord). I'm without a clue, unfortunately, but someone else might be able to help you :)

keep uke'in',

It looks to be standard tuning, but transposed down a few steps. In that case, any chord chart will have the correct fingerings, it's just that it will represent a different chord name.

This way you can sing in the key of Bb but fingering the chords of the more finger friendly key of C.

Last edited:
Bb Eb G C is Eb tuning, three semitones above standard G C E A

F Bb D G is Bb tuning, a tone below G C E A

If you finger C shapes (C, F, G7), you will be playing in the key of Eb (Eb, Ab, Bb7) or Bb (Bb, Eb, F7) respectively.

Top Bottom