What a GREAT Ukulele

Pukulele Pete

Reaction score
I'm really impressed . I just got a pre owned Martin OXK . I've been wanting a uke I can leave on the coffee table , high humidity and low.
My grandchildren can play with it ,spill stuff on it, I can take it camping,hiking, whatever and not have to worry about it. This is my fourth Martin , the other ones I treat like a baby but this one seems almost unbreakable. It has that great Martin neck that I love, side markers,fret markers , it's awesome. Sounds great too. If I had to have only one uke, I think this would be it. It is made of Formica? like material. I even like the looks of the stratabond neck,looks cool. One of the best parts is the way they finished the fret ends, as slick as a snot on a door knob. Great Uke.

Agreed, 100%. Guitar note - I bought a black Little Martin a few weeks ago, which is apparently made out of the same HPL with a Stratabond neck. It sounds terrific and everyone loves it.

Last edited:
Why would they be different in Italy ? I don't understand.

Because they can make them more delicately as the Italians don't have snot on the doorknobs.

Because they can make them more delicately as the Italians don't have snot on the doorknobs.

Dangit, Steve, you owe me a keyboard! (I am going to have to stop reading UU while eating lunch...)

JOhn

I'd really like to hear more about these Italian Martin OXK's , or was that the lead in to a bad joke?

I guess in Italy they have ones with a little different pattern for the top with an actual rosette around the sound hole[/QUOTE]

In New Hampshire we have the ones with the rosette too!

I LOVE my 0XK, (my first "real" uke). I recently went back to the store where I bought it looking for a hard case. After playing everything in the price range (and below) of my Martin, I love it even more. NOTHING else in the same price range was close.

And EVERY Martin owner comments on the smell. I hear, "It even smells like a Martin" from every one! HAH!

Bill Potter

Yes , mine has the rosette , looks like a decal but looks good. I'm suprised how great it sounds when you consider is is made of countertop material. Great Uke.

Top Bottom