"Shady Grove"

Great stuff. Love this song. My son and I played it at an open mic and it's always been one of my favorites. That Collings sounds fantastic.

Great stuff. Love this song. My son and I played it at an open mic and it's always been one of my favorites. That Collings sounds fantastic.
thanks a lot Josh. Yeah, great song eh, one of my favourites too mate. And yes, this Collings uke is awesome...it's made me love, not only tenors, but low G tuning as well. The playability of this uke is amazing. :)

rock solid, Jon...I can tell you really like that Collings...sweet sound!

thanks a lot Josh. Yeah, great song eh, one of my favourites too mate. And yes, this Collings uke is awesome...it's made me love, not only tenors, but low G tuning as well. The playability of this uke is amazing. :)

I've recently put Low G on a national trillion just to experiment. It definitely opens up some new things, especially with slide.

Not to hijack... but I've got a new tenor in my hands that you are going to go bananas over. Hope to start a thread about it this weekend. And, since I've already hijacked... Ive always wanted to request that you do a Blind Boy Fuller song. Your playing and voice would just tear it up. Weeping Willow and Meat Shaking Woman are two of my favorites.

Thanks for redoing Shady Grove, Jon. I was so bummed when the first vid was lost. Your voice and style really work with that song

Cheers

Nice one Jon. What combo or set of strings do you use? I'm still looking for the "magic" low G set for my Compass Rose.
Cheers from NJ!

Excellent, I really enjoyed that! That uke sounds great in your hands.

Brilliant! I like the way you alternate between picking and strumming. Very cool!

I've always loved that song, and it's been a favorite bluegrass tune of mine for 30 years or so. When I started playing last year it was one of the first songs I wanted to work out my own arrangement for, and it was the second or third song I made a video for, I think.

It's such a wonderful old song, and yours is by far the best ukulele version I've heard. Thank you.

Superb rendition, everything's so fine: the strumming, picking, your voice, the sweet sound of the uke! :D
thanks a lot you guys
rock solid, Jon...I can tell you really like that Collings...sweet sound!
cheers Nelson, yeah I've fallen for this uke for sure mate
I've recently put Low G on a national trillion just to experiment. It definitely opens up some new things, especially with slide.

Not to hijack... but I've got a new tenor in my hands that you are going to go bananas over. Hope to start a thread about it this weekend. And, since I've already hijacked... Ive always wanted to request that you do a Blind Boy Fuller song. Your playing and voice would just tear it up. Weeping Willow and Meat Shaking Woman are two of my favorites.
oh...what is it mate????? A new CB or Ono??? Blind Boy Fuller...righto, off to check those two songs out, thanks for the tip brother
Thanks for redoing Shady Grove, Jon. I was so bummed when the first vid was lost. Your voice and style really work with that song

Cheers
thanks Jim, it was reading a comment of yours somewhere awhile back that motivated me to re-do it. Glad you enjoyed it mate

Nice one Jon. What combo or set of strings do you use? I'm still looking for the "magic" low G set for my Compass Rose.
Cheers from NJ!
Thanks Glenn. these are low G Living Water's mate. I like em because the tension is a bit lower
Excellent, I really enjoyed that! That uke sounds great in your hands.
thanks a lot Pueo!
Fantastic, Jon! Love it. Thanks for playing and singing that one for us.
thanks much for the comment AK
Great job !!!!
cheers Stephen, thanks for watching
Brilliant! I like the way you alternate between picking and strumming. Very cool!

I've always loved that song, and it's been a favorite bluegrass tune of mine for 30 years or so. When I started playing last year it was one of the first songs I wanted to work out my own arrangement for, and it was the second or third song I made a video for, I think.

It's such a wonderful old song, and yours is by far the best ukulele version I've heard. Thank you.
Thanks heaps Phluffy. It's always been one of my favourites too...For starters it's just a perfect 2 chord melody - something about those minor chord songs that just rips your heart out eh - and add to that the plaintive, deep longing in the lyrics...it's a ripper of a song. Thanks for watching

Another excellent video!

Top Bottom