Upgrade to Baritone or 6/8-string?

Aj C

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been playing the ukulele for about a year and a half now. I consider myself at a lower intermediate level. After the first year I upgraded my entry-level concert Cordoba for a mid-level tenor Kala A/E (KA-STE-C). I am doing research and looking around for what I could be interested for this coming christmas, I want to make a solid choice early.

I'm looking for suggestions (and reasons) for whether I should look to purchas a baritone or 6/8-string ukulele (or whatever else might be good) next if I want to be experiencing all I can with ukuleles. Keep in mind my price range would be $200-300. Maybe 350 if it's a real deal.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Aj!

I suggest a baritone in that priced range. Preferably a used one. IMO 6&8 string ukes are good but like a 12 strig guitar, a person is limited with the sound. Others love 'em..

We (hubby and I) have both an 8 string and now a baritone. We're getting lots more use from the baritone. It also fits in better if you're playing in Jams with guitars. (That way I can look at their fingers and figure out the key they're in and at least some of the chords so I can play along.) Just my opinion.

Top Bottom