Rare DaSilva concert

rbeetsme

Reaction score
Custom concert ukulele built by Mike DaSilva from Berkely CA. DaSilva instruments are custom builds only, very rare to find one for sale. This one is from 2005, #39. Beautiful Purpleheart body with Sruce top, mahogany neck, ebony fretboard, Grover tuners. Uke plays beautifully, low action, very responsive, terrific tone, great volume. Very well built, extremely lightweight, a joy to play. Some typical light scratches and evidence of play, but hardly noticeable. There is some minor dishing north of the bridge, Mike tells me this is not unusual with ukes of such light builds, but he thinks after 8 years, it shouldn't get any worse. Someone else pointed this out to me, I never noticed it. Comes with a hardcase. Current commission to build this same uke would be over 1700.00 and 6 month wait. This is a wonderful well aged instrument, a special uke. Asking 775.00 shipped to con US

DaSilva front.jpgDaSilva back.jpgDaSilva prone.jpgDaSilva headstock.jpg

Oh my freakin' God! That's an amazing uke! I was just at Mike's studio for a Sarah Maisel/Craig Chee workshop and concert, and saw some of Mike's work. I'd be all over this if it was a tenor. unfortunately, I don't really play concerts anymore. Someone is going to get an amazingly sweet deal, though. Good luck with your sale!

PM sent interested.

Top Bottom