FS DS Gill Pineapple Mahogany Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
SOLD! DS Gill Pineapple Mahogany Tenor

DS Gill Pineapple Mahogany Tenor for sale. This ukulele has a build date of 10/05/12. The neck, body, and top are solid mahogany. The neck is dovetailed into the body. The bridge and finger board are made from quarter-sawn walnut. The nut and saddle are Corian. It has open-geared Grover tuners and Worth clear strings. The nut width is 1-3/8". It comes with an Access Stage One Bag, that fits perfectly.

David’s workmanship is excellent. The tone is sweet and the intonation is good as it gets. This has one of the smoothest necks and fret ends. 14 frets to the body. 18 fret overall. Distinctive and handsome diamond MOP fret markers on 5,7,10,12 frets. No side markers.

Beautiful satin finish, I believe it is Tru-Oil. It is in excellent condition, as received from the luthier. No nicks, scratches, strum marks or dings, it’s very clean all around. Note: There is a sanding line/ wood grain/? beneath the finish on the sound board from center bottom going up about an 1-inch that while not really noticeable or photographable is present (mostly it can be felt).

SOLD CONUS UPS Ground with Access Stage One Bag.

Here’s a sound sample of this uke. I think you’ll agree that nothing in this price range sounds nearly as good.
https://www.box.com/s/7tcofg7boj4yihzwd0ec

It's a great uke, I should keep it. But you know the story, I've got too many great tenors and it is time to thin out some.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Picture of Access Stage One Bag. It provides good protection.
attachment.php

Close-up of headstock
attachment.php

Last edited:
Seems like a deal for somebody. Sounds great.

Too bad I'm not a tenor player *or* in the States. I'd be all over this.

Nice uke and should make someone happy, nice price too.
I'm not into pineapples, besides that, I have a Wixom being built right now and should get it in 2 weeks.
Good luck on the sale........................Bo...................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom