Loving my Kanilea K-1 but...

strumsilly

Reaction score
I am really loving my Kanilea K-1, the super glossy one, but when trying to slide, like from C#7 to D7, the neck feels "sticky". It's clean, and so is my thumb. I don't seem to have this problem on my satin ukes. is there a product that I can use that would make it more slippery. I guess I could sand some of the finish off , but it's so damn pretty.

Maybe it's more the Louisville slugger neck thickness that's messing with your left hand grip? I don't notice this as an issue..maybe it's that southern humidity? :)

Ha, you should see the neck on my Gibson Baritone! I just put a little lemon oil on my thumb and that seemed to do the trick. we just had a front move through, the humidity is only 35% and the temp is 73. paradise. too bad it won't stay like this for long.

If it's the back of the neck any good furniture polish should slick it up. Myself, I like Renaissance Wax but it's expensive and not widely available so I don't think I'd bother if all I was going to do was a couple of uke necks.

John

Would chalk work? Like pool chalk or climbing chalk?

some nice car wax will do the trick

Or try a little talcum powder on your hand between the thumb and index finger

I prefer Nu finish car polish...no silicone and it should slide and be more smooth....I think the finish was never finish buffed...

I prefer Nu finish car polish...no silicone and it should slide and be more smooth....I think the finish was never finish buffed...

yes that is what I meant..but I use Virtuoso also this stuff made for guitars..

Maybe it's more the Louisville slugger neck thickness that's messing with your left hand grip? I don't notice this as an issue..maybe it's that southern humidity? :)

Do Kanileas have big thick necks?

Top Bottom