Anybody want a stock Bruko to share shipping?

Jim Hanks

Reaction score
I am on the verge of placing an order for a Bruko baritone. In order to help defray shipping costs, I would like to offer to the community the chance to "piggy back" on my order. It looks like there are lots of sopranos available and a few concert/tenor.

Any of the standard soprano models would end up being $190-210 depending on exchange rate when I place the order and whether we're selected for customs inspection - a little less if I get more than one taker to share.

I'm hoping to place the order tomorrow (Tuesday), unless someone has bought my baritone out from under me.

Anybody interested?

Jim

Yes, that's the idea. I was just asking if anyone wanted to pick out their own uke so it is less risk on my part. If nobody bites, I probably will still get one in the hopes of selling it, but I don't want to risk getting more than that without a known buyer.

Going to germany in a few weeks and driving right by his (Pfeiffers)place, need me to bring you one?

Christian: I think a baritone is a little too big to sneak in your suitcase so I'm just going to have him ship it. But if you're going to Germany you'd be a fool :cool: not to bring back one or two to sell yourself.

For everyone else, my baritone is being finished (pickup added, action adjusted) so you have a little more time if you want to get in on my order. By the way, you can pay me when it comes in. You don't have to pay up front.

I'll definitely go for it if I can get a longneck in anything that is not mahogany-where in NC are youu at?

They aren't showing any long necks on their web site. You'd probably have to special order that. But if you contact them with your time frame, maybe they can have one built for you and have it ready when you arrive. Or they could have one available just not listed. They didn't have any baritones listed either but they had two available last week - both now spoken for. It's worth a call or email to see what they can do.

I'm near Raleigh.

Shot him a message and he said he should have some in stock.
They aren't showing any long necks on their web site. You'd probably have to special order that. But if you contact them with your time frame, maybe they can have one built for you and have it ready when you arrive. Or they could have one available just not listed. They didn't have any baritones listed either but they had two available last week - both now spoken for. It's worth a call or email to see what they can do.

I'm near Raleigh.

Be sure to tell him to lower the action, chrimess.

Bruko Tenor

New to UU, first post.
Just perused the Bruko site and checked out the tenor #9 and it looks like it sells for 209 euro or $268.
Can anyone comment on how this uke compares to the Pono AT? Sells for $349 at Ukesite.

Secondly, how safe is it to purchase a uke from an ad on this site or FMM?

Thanks!

I can't help with the Bruko vs Pono comparison.

On the second, the Marketplace here and at FMM is generally safe although the usual precautions with dealing with individual sellers over the Internet still apply. If something doesn't feel right to you, then don't deal with that person.

Welcome to UU!!!!

The Bruko #9 has a much brighter tone, slightly smaller body, friction tuners and only 12 frets. Finish is immaculate, action a touch high but a great uke. The Pono Acacia will be warmer in tone with more bottom end and likely a bit better balanced, lower action, geared tuners and more frets. Neck profiles are similar. Both excellent instruments with different qualities and high QC standards.

I have bought many ukes from this site and several from FMM. I've not had any problems thus far, though all your usual buyer precautions apply.

My baritone is ready to ship! So this is the last call to pick out your Bruko uke before I close my order. I have been offered a special mahogany soprano with arched back and 2-piece bridge that is available now. Cost to you would be right around $250 - a little more than the standard No. 5 or No.6 - I am asking about those too.

Top Bottom