Boston: 3rd Annual Ukulele Melee

Wicked

Reaction score
Hey, all you New Englanders……..

The Ukulele Union of Boston is putting on its 3rd annual Ukulele Melee on June 15th at Brandeis University’s Slosberg Music Center – located in Waltham, Massachusetts. The event will run from 12pm to 6pm, with an admission price of $10.

This year’s Ukulele Melee will cut back on workshops and focus on group playing and open mic performances – ‘cause that’s what the people want.

There will be some workshops… Personally, I will provide a workshop on how to get your playing to the next level and become a better ukulele player. (Hint: it involves becoming a better musician.) There will also be genre-specific group sessions and a children’s workshop and performance.... Oh, and there will be some vendors.

Past events have proven to be a blast for all involved. I will add more details as I am able – or you can check out the Ukulele Union of Boston’s Facebook or Meetup or pages:

https://www.facebook.com/BostonUke
http://www.meetup.com/BostonUke/

Hope to see you there…

I just posted it to the Newton Parents list.

Thank you. This is the first year that the group is including a children's workshop, and it seems like it is going to be very popular. There will be some loaner ukes available for the kiddies without - and, of course, there should be some inexpensive ukes available from the vendors.

My husband and I are very excited! This is our first ukulele festival! We're going it as a duo this time but hopefully next time we will bring the kids along for the fun!

The Ukulele Melee Is This Weekend

The big event is this Saturday!

melee.jpg

Ahhh... I'm not gonna be over for this one. Have a great time you guys!

Anything uke related happening in the Boston area on the 25th or 26th July? That's when we're expecting to be there. Oh and would anyone, by any chance, fancy putting up a little family of 3 travelling Europeans for those nights. We're currently booked into a dive on the outskirts of the city, but we can cancel, if we do it soon ;)

Top Bottom