And the wait begins!

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Got and email from Jerry at Boat Paddle ukes saying my new build is DONE!!!! Said it will probably ship friday. I cannot wait! It only took him 3 weeks since I did not want any gloss finish! Will post a video when I get it but till then here are the pictures he sent.
TK2145b.jpgTK2145c.jpg

I've been trying to decide on a Boat Paddle and am leaning towards a Kayak. Can't wait to hear and see your thoughts. It looks great! What woods did you pick?

Mahogany back and sides with spruce top. I told Jerry what sound i wanted and this is what he recommended. I figure he knows a lot more about the resonance of wood than I do so I left the selection up to him.
I've been trying to decide on a Boat Paddle and am leaning towards a Kayak. Can't wait to hear and see your thoughts. It looks great! What woods did you pick?

Beautiful uke. I've had a couple Boat Paddle and they are stellar sound quality.

I would love to hear a sound sample when you get it.

I am looking for a "fuller" sound to do more lead picking. I looked at a bunch of custom builders but I really think Boat paddles are a bit innovative and will give me the sound I want with the larger body of the "kayak"
What sound were you looking for?

Beautiful uke. I've had a couple Boat Paddle and they are stellar sound quality.

I would love to hear a sound sample when you get it.

okay, curiosity is peaked. Which ones did you have and why did you sell?

I think you made a really good choice. I have a list of BP's that I would like to get in the coming years. I plan to start with a kayak, but picking the woods is difficult. I should call Jerry. Does yours have an ebony face-plate? Was that extra?

3 weeks is really fast! I had to wait 3 months for mine :)
Congrats! I'm sure your kayak is everything you dreamed of.

Very cool looking uke! Hope that she serves you well. Keep us updated please!

okay, curiosity is peaked. Which ones did you have and why did you sell?

Early Kayak Tenor, all mahogany. thought the neck was a little thick for me. Should have kept this one.
Soprano M-style, Spruce and walnut. action was too low at the bottom of the fret board.
Concert 12-Fret, just right, and really light. Still have this one.

Looks great Dean! I'm sure it will sound great as well. I played around with different strings on my custom ML til' I found the right ones to my ear. Tried Worth's, clear and brown re-entrant, and settled on Savarez Alliance with a low G wound Cantiga. Did you have Jerry scale down the profile of the neck?

No, I did not ask him to scale down the profile. I have never seen/played one so I am not sure about the neck. We'll see. I do like worth clears, am eager to to hear them on this uke. Can't wait to get this. should be in the ups truck tomorrow headed this way!
Looks great Dean! I'm sure it will sound great as well. I played around with different strings on my custom ML til' I found the right ones to my ear. Tried Worth's, clear and brown re-entrant, and settled on Savarez Alliance with a low G wound Cantiga. Did you have Jerry scale down the profile of the neck?

Top Bottom