PDA

View Full Version : Too many instruments?

Cornfield
05-16-2013, 02:08 AM
I have too many instruments.
Soprano Kamaka, Tenor Kamaka, 8 string Kamaka, OS Koa Concert, Mahalo Soprabo, Beansprout Banjo uke, Mya-Moe lap steel, U-Bass, and the Regal Resonator (Frankenreso)

I have a 1928 Martin tenor guitar in route and Aaron Keim is putting together a short scale tenor banjo (baritone banjo uke).

I also have some guitars, a 5 string banjo and an assortment of wind instruments.

I really don't need the Frankenreso anymore so I posted it on EBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Regal-Resonator-RU-100-Ukulele-Waverly-Tuners-Schatten-Pickup-/281108321332?orig_cvip=true

This is a highly modified Regal Resonator. Waverly tuners, Shatten pickup, custom biscuit, strap buttons and more.

fernandogardinali
05-16-2013, 02:45 AM
I think you still need a mahogany soprano!

mm stan
05-16-2013, 03:07 AM
No No No....you don't have enough ukes yet...LOL and you still are searching for your holy grail...hee hee

vanflynn
05-16-2013, 03:10 AM
That actually looks like a nice blend across the spectrum of uke types.

Get rid of the guitars though!

wayfarer75
05-16-2013, 03:27 AM

Who doesn't? ;)

kvehe
05-16-2013, 03:31 AM
Nobody's uke family is complete without a low-G mango soprano. :D

...and even then...

Cornfield
05-16-2013, 03:46 AM

The Martin Tenor that is in transit has Mahogany back and sides with spruce top.

electrauke
05-16-2013, 06:02 AM
HERITIC, we must burn you on a stake :)

bnolsen
05-16-2013, 06:05 AM
Donate the mahalo soprano, deposit the guitars in the circular file and make room for others?

Cornfield
05-16-2013, 06:45 AM
Donate the mahalo soprano, deposit the guitars in the circular file and make room for others?

The Mahalo is for when grandkids visit. I tune bit to open C and they have fun.

WhenDogsSing
05-16-2013, 07:07 AM
Post withdrawn.

Hippie Dribble
05-16-2013, 09:10 AM
"Some guitars"

he he...that was a nice way of putting it, John. :)

bnolsen
05-16-2013, 09:40 AM
The Mahalo is for when grandkids visit. I tune bit to open C and they have fun.

understood, my son tosses the mahalo around quite a bit. It's gathering dings, dents and edge crumples from all the abuse. You realize we're teasing about the guitars.

SonSprinter
05-16-2013, 10:30 AM
U need a solid body ukulele so u can jam when people r sleeping

Cornfield
05-16-2013, 10:46 AM
U need a solid body ukulele so u can jam when people r sleeping

With my naps, I'm usually the one that's sleeping .

Rubio MHS
05-16-2013, 05:00 PM
There is a law of diminishing returns when you get more and more musical instruments. Sometimes, you lust after some 11-stringed monstrosity, but when you actually get it, you put it aside in favor of guitars or ukuleles.

mm stan
05-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Soprano Kamaka, Tenor Kamaka, 8 string Kamaka, OS Koa Concert, Mahalo Soprabo, Beansprout Banjo uke, Mya-Moe lap steel, U-Bass, and the Regal Resonator (Frankenreso)

I have a 1928 Martin tenor guitar in route and Aaron Keim is putting together a short scale tenor banjo (baritone banjo uke).

I also have some guitars, a 5 string banjo and an assortment of wind instruments.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Regal-Resonator-RU-100-Ukulele-Waverly-Tuners-Schatten-Pickup-/281108321332?orig_cvip=true

This is a highly modified Regal Resonator. Waverly tuners, Shatten pickup, custom biscuit, strap buttons and more.

NAH Never too many instruments...LOL You gotta be kidding... he he :)

Cornfield
05-17-2013, 01:41 AM
NAH Never too many instruments...LOL You gotta be kidding... he he :)

I forgot I have one of those $60 Ebay baritones too. I'll probably find a few more instruments if I look under the sofa cushions.

Hms
05-17-2013, 05:31 AM

Frankenreso looks nice, now it's been sorted.
Pitty it's shipping US only.

Cornfield
05-17-2013, 05:54 AM
Frankenreso looks nice, now it's been sorted.
Pitty it's shipping US only.

If it doesn't sell on EBay this cycle it may be reposted with International option.

Cornfield
05-22-2013, 03:35 AM
I probably shouldn't have run a 7 day auction. I know from experience that all the action happens in the last 5 minutes. My tenor guitar showed up yesterday and needs a reset and fret work so I'm hoping to sell the reso to cover the luthier expenses.

fumanshu
05-22-2013, 03:56 AM
If you ever want to rid off your Mya Moe lap-uke...I'm always there to buy it!!!! I really like that instrument and I want one!!! Is yours has a Pu on it?

https://soundcloud.com/baouke/star-filante-by-caro-bao

Cornfield
05-22-2013, 04:01 AM
If you ever want to rid off your Mya Moe lap-uke...I'm always there to buy it!!!! I really like that instrument and I want one!!! Is yours has a Pu on it?

https://soundcloud.com/baouke/star-filante-by-caro-bao

I think they all have pickups. I bought it for my wife. Her arthritis stops her from fretting strings so I hoped that she would take to this instrument.

This is David Lindley playing her instrument at 3:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hicabusfluY

BIGDB
05-22-2013, 04:13 AM
I don't think you can ever have to many instruments I have 4 guitars, 2 ukuleles, a pedal steel guitar, a bongo, and a bass not nearly as much as you. Hope to be adding more ukuleles

Stevelele
05-22-2013, 04:20 AM
I have too many expensive ukes and am eventually going to have to sell some of them--I think I have a ridiculous number in the pipe... So anyone who wants some seriously good stuff, should stay tuned

mds725
05-22-2013, 08:08 AM
I have too many expensive ukes and am eventually going to have to sell some of them--I think I have a ridiculous number in the pipe... So anyone who wants some seriously good stuff, should stay tuned

Tease. :)

dismount
05-22-2013, 06:23 PM
I think its shameful and repulsive to have that many. send me the kamaka tenor and soprano quick before I change my mind to help you! PM me for my address. That way we wont have to do an intervention. Phil

coolkayaker1
05-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Hi, John.

I took your advice and went to Hix Bros Aurora by the mall with friend last weekend...just like you said, great Kamakas there, and fantastic Kanileas.

Like being a stoner in a hooka shop.

Came out unscathed that time, but the koa supertenor Kanilea was calling, "Steve, Steve, make me your mistress."

I tamed the UAS shrew on that day, but she still haunts my dreams like a siren from the Hawaiian seas.

It's bad. I gots it wicked bad.

MGM
05-22-2013, 07:15 PM
Just keep them and buy more until you have several hundred and then start to become a uke dealer......lol. I can help consult but I need vintage rare ukes as pay.

PhilUSAFRet
05-23-2013, 03:54 AM
According to addictions theory, you are in the "bargaining stage." Selling that reso will make you feel well enough to buy another uke without guilt. Starting to sound familiar? :cool:

Cornfield
05-23-2013, 04:36 AM
According to addictions theory, you are in the "bargaining stage." Selling that reso will make you feel well enough to buy another uke without guilt. Starting to sound familiar? :cool:

I already bought the replacement - twice.

Cornfield
05-23-2013, 04:39 AM
Hi, John.
I took your advice and went to Hix Bros Aurora by the mall with friend last weekend...just like you said, great Kamakas there, and fantastic Kanileas.
Like being a stoner in a hooka shop.
Came out unscathed that time, but the koa supertenor Kanilea was calling, "Steve, Steve, make me your mistress."
I tamed the UAS shrew on that day, but she still haunts my dreams like a siren from the Hawaiian seas.
It's bad. I gots it wicked bad.

Peter, one of the owners is an all round great guy. He's been playing Hawaiian music on ukes since he was a kid, while his dad played steel guitar. If you have the time, consider joining one of the uke classes that he teaches. I have a ball there.

Yue-Wen Fang
05-30-2013, 04:44 AM
if you want to sell the Kamaka concert……
lol :)

allanr
05-31-2013, 04:04 PM

Lucky for me, as a professional negotiator, I am permanently in this "bargaining stage". Not only is it familiar, but I LIKE it!

allanr
05-31-2013, 04:06 PM
RE: Too many instruments,

...oh. Now I get it. It was just a joke. I was getting soooooohhh stressed.

alexinaustin
05-31-2013, 04:22 PM

i feel ya. i have way too much money, too many women, too many kids, too many cars, too much fat, and too many chords to learn. we need to hang out.