Only me who loved Malta's song in Eurovision Song Contest, because of the ukulele?

UkuleleNorway

Reaction score
I loved their song, because the Ukulele made it sound wonderful!

This is Malta's song in Eurovision Song Contest:

Please comment and share your opinions about the song. :)

Very well done! And to think, there are only 8 strings in the entire band.

Oh, don't tell me the results! We don't see night one until tonight! (But I thought I read that Malta wasn't entering this year, guess I was wrong.)

I loved their song, because the Ukulele made it sound wonderful!

This is Malta's song in Eurovision Song Contest:

Please comment and share your opinions about the song. :)

Really cool!!! Does anyone know what make the Uke is?

Me too. My partner thought I was a bit obsessive by trying to work out the make! Looked like a cheap Riptide??

Ohana CK-38?

Better than the average Eurovision song but I thought there sounded to be more than just uke, bass & drums going on. I reckon a pre recorded backing track had been added as I'm pretty sure I heard a guitar in the mix at one point.

I'm no big Eurovision Fan, but my daughter and her mother won't miss it!

I like this one and hope it does well. Pretty high profile for the Ukulele in Europe 260 million viewers!

I got back late and was drifting in and out of the living room as it was on. I liked the Greek entry best of the ones I saw. I missed this one. Thanks for posting it here. My wife said this was her favourite, in fact! Doubt it will win, though.

I'm no big Eurovision Fan, but my daughter and her mother won't miss it!

I like this one and hope it does well. Pretty high profile for the Ukulele in Europe 260 million viewers!

I got back late and was drifting in and out of the living room as it was on. I liked the Greek entry best of the ones I saw. I missed this one. Thanks for posting it here. My wife said this was her favourite, in fact! Doubt it will win, though.
Do you know which instrument the Greek guy plays?

Yes, it's a Greek Baglama. The soprano of the Bouzouki family.

The tenor equivalent is the Tsouras and the Bouzouki is the baritone of the family.

The Turkish Baglama is a different animal, akin to a Saz. I have one of each of all these instruments mentioned. MIAS is worse than UAS ;)

Me too. My partner thought I was a bit obsessive by trying to work out the make! Looked like a cheap Riptide??

It looked like the name had 2 words/lines, so I was thinking Boulder Creek even though I haven't bothered to remind myself what Boulder Creek headstocks look like.

Top Bottom