Probably the most exciting event for me so far this year (Semi-Custom Kamaka!)

DannyPham

Reaction score
Finally...I ordered this beast nearly two months ago on 3/19/13. It was finished and shipped on 5/10/13 and I got it today, 5/16/2013....It's gorgeous. I'll be putting up a video of me getting it, and opening and such soon and my reactions. But for now, here are some pictures. :)

Sides: Koa Premium (3A)
Top: Koa Premium (3A)
Rosette: Abalone Select
BWB Rosette Border
Back: Koa Premium (3A)
Fingerboard: Ebony
NO top dots, side dots only
Faceplate: Ebony with Ab KK Inlay
Tuners: Mini (Gibson Shaft) Gold/Ebony Button
4 Ea 18.50 74.00
P-PUAF Pickup: Active Saddle (Fishman Matrix)

I requested for a darker wood for the body because I like the dark look.

Oh. And the thing wrapping around one of the tuners is a christmas ornament a little girl made specifically for me. So I knew I had to put it on my ukulele haha.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpg

Congratulations! That is a very nice uke.

Only two months for a semi-custom Kamaka? I didn't know they were taking orders again. Congrats!

Aloha Danny,
Congrats....wow certainly a beautiful keeper...happy strummings....Have fun and enjoy... :)

Wow. That's a beauty. Love the koa that is on it. I can see why you are excited.

Would really like to hear how it sounds.

That's really pretty. Enjoy!

Thanks everyone :) I will make a sound clip soon.

Except I already have scratches near the strumming area :( any tips on protecting it? I heard that screen protectors will work great as a makeshift pick guard? But does it affect the finish?

I have one just like yours..haha
almost exactly..

I tried many strings but I have a set of Oasis tenors(they are a test set) with a Fremont Soloist Flatwound LowG,,it brings out the highs and you get a way cleaner sound to the Kamaka..try it when they come out soon..

Thanks everyone :) I will make a sound clip soon.

Except I already have scratches near the strumming area :( any tips on protecting it? I heard that screen protectors will work great as a makeshift pick guard? But does it affect the finish?
Any scratches, dings (!), etc. on my ukulele are battle scars and are revered. Well, except the one I didn't put in it myself.

Please do not put a pickguard on your Kamaka,,if you play it like you should there are going to be scratch marks on it..just play it like you mean it..wipe it down when done and put it back in the case..try not to worry about the small stuff..your Kamaka was built for you to play it..

saying that watch out for the latches on the case..ouch those hurt..

only my 2 cents

Top Bottom