Another Case Question: Fremont or Mono?

BigMamaJ40

Reaction score
I need to buy a case for my long-neck concert KoAloha Pineapple Sunday. It will not fit in a concert-sized case because of the neck. It fits in a Uke Crazy tenor case if I add some padding, but I was looking for something a little sleeker. A cool uke needs a cool case!

I am considering a Fremont rectangular tweed hard shell case or a Mono M80 bag. The Fremont looks classic and it looks like it will provide great protection, but the Mono looks a little lighter. I will have a 10 lb weight-lifting restriction in the Fall, so weight is a real consideration.

Suggestions?

For ease of use, I'd recommend the Mono m80 bag. The fremont does look classic, but the Mono M80 bag looks cool and sleek. It can easily be transported, plus it also will provide enough protection for your ukulele. I have always been one to recommend a hard case on any instrument that costs you over 400+, however the Mono m80 is a solid option. Why? It's well padded, comfortable to carry, looks stylish, and is supposedly waterproof (based on what I've heard).

I have both of these tenor cases! The Fremont is heavy and is $35 less (I have the tweed version). The Mono M80 is way cooler and lighter and just feels like updated technology. I bought my Mono case from Elderly instruments for $129 plus shipping.

Good luck,

Don

I've got a Fremont tenor tweed case and the interior size is Width at the body is 8 3/4" Length 28" Depth at the body is 3". The pineapple Sunday fit perfectly in the Ameritage concert case but that would be way to heavy for you. I never tried it in the Fremont case so I can't say how it fit it. I think the Mono case would be really nice for it if it would fit. Or a reunion blues case.

It doesn't answer your question as to the Fremont or Mono but if you decide you don't want either of those, I have a Pineapple Sunday as well and have used both an Ameritage concert size case, and a Kamoa concert size case.

attachment.php

attachment.php

a fremont tenor is about 8.5 lb, but they are longer than they need to be. so are the concerts.
26" tail to tip of the head, with 13.5" from the butt of the neck to the tip of the head.

Top Bottom