New to the Forum: WTB Koaloha Ukulele

Mrbasketball

Reaction score
Aloha everyone,

I'm new to the forums and wanted to pick up a Koaloha Ukulele. I only have $200-250 bucks to spend as I recently moved back to Hawaii and didn't realize how expensive it would be. I've always wanted a Koaloha Uke so if any members can help a bruddah out I'd appreciate it.

Mahalo

Ryan ;)

Check da Pawn Shops, classifieds and CL, I mean, who knows, anything can happen. But, seriously Brah, I no tink you goin find one KoAloha fo dat price. Mebbe Stan know, try ask 'em.

Wouldn't we all like a K uke for that price! With $250 to spend I'd be picking up a Mainland or waiting until I'd saved more.

Aloha everyone,

I'm new to the forums and wanted to pick up a Koaloha Ukulele. I only have $200-250 bucks to spend as I recently moved back to Hawaii and didn't realize how expensive it would be. I've always wanted a Koaloha Uke so if any members can help a bruddah out I'd appreciate it.

Mahalo

Ryan ;)

First of all, I want to say welcome to the forum. You'll find this place having more information about the uke than anywhere on the web.

About your dilemna. Go to the KoAloha factory. They have seconds there at reduce prices. (I'm assuming you live on Oahu.) Tell them your dilemma, and they may let you put one in "lay away". They are incredible people that love to help out anybody.

Thanks for the ideas and I know it's a long shot I just thought I'd ask the forum members to help a newbie out if they had a ukulele laying around that they're not playing. I appreciate the warm welcome to Ukulele Underground everyone...

Mahalo nui loa

Check da Pawn Shops, classifieds and CL, I mean, who knows, anything can happen. But, seriously Brah, I no tink you goin find one KoAloha fo dat price. Mebbe Stan know, try ask 'em.
Aloha Danny,
that is quite a tight budget....however not impossible, since I did score a almost new Koaloha soprano for 225.00 from craigslist...the guy had it for 375, but I found out He lives in my old
neighborhood I grew up as a kid so he gave me a real deal....maybe the best is to wait and be patient, or spend a few hundreds more and get a second from the factory....I rarely see
koaloha's at pawn shops and if so they are well above 300.00... wonder where the original poster lives... hmmm

i would recommend getting Koalohas Koalana model which is in that range for a new one. sounds almost the same just mohagany wood.

Yeah I would second the Koalanas. Check out the forum here with a search but people seem to really like them.

I was able to get a Koaloha for a little more than you have to spend, but it was broken and needed to be repaired. be patient and you may be able to get a deal on one, they are worth waiting for. but be realistic, they start at over $700, even getting a used one at 2/3 new is going to set you back over $400.

Thanks again for the comments. I live in Windward Oahu and will start checking craigslist and pawn shops. If anyone has a good deal let me know I may be able to scrap up $300. Just send me some offers I'm opening it up to any reputable brand

Since you live on the Windward side, why take a drive up to da North Shore to HMS in Haleiwa. Check out what they have and tak story wit Andrew, Mike and da rest of da gang. You might find a second or sumting or get advice/recommendation. If you deadset on one KoAloha, call dem at da shop and see if dey get seconds. Dey located in Kalhi/Palama between King and Dillingham.

It can be whatever size obviously with my price range probably going to get a soprano but anything would work. I will check with HMS in haleiwa and the factory in kalihi.

Aloha everyone,

Mahalo

Ryan ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-KSA-00-KoAlana-Soprano-Solid-Mahogany-Ukulele-FREE-SHIPPING-GIGBAG-/251263850562?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a807e1842

Just $50 bucks over your budget...

Top Bottom