Custom Talsma #2: Koa & Ziricote Tenor Cutaway

RyRod

Reaction score
Meet Salma, my new tenor ukulele built by Michigan luthier, Dave Talsma.

Top: Koa
Back/Sides: Ziricote
Fretboard: Ziricote
Bridge: Ziricote
Head veneer: Ziricote
Waverly tuners
Pickup: K & K Twin spot
Strings: Southcoast Medium tension

You used to be a strong player. Now, you're off the hook fantastic. Holy crap! You smoked that Talsma, man.

Ho, Bruddah Ryan!

Awesome uke & awesome playing, Brah!:drool: Mahalo fo sharing!:shaka: You get some supah mad skills, Brah! Post mo videos eef can. Hana hou, Brah, hana hou!!!

That's a beauty pal, nice to see fretboard binding.

Where did you get your shirt by the way ?

Also...awesome playing!

Just lovely Ryan, both your new Talsma and your playing. Congratulations to both you and Dave on a fine uke. I really like the offset postion markers on the fretboard.

How would you compare the tone to your cedar topped Talsma?

Fantastic! When is your album coming out? :cool:

Ryan, you're playing is sooo fresh and so clean!! I love Salma. I personally like the bigger tenors

Last edited:
Ryan, you are ridiculous. Ridiculously good, that is. The degree to which you've improved and gained mastery over a relatively short period of time just blows me away.

You used to be a strong player. Now, you're off the hook fantastic. Holy crap! You smoked that Talsma, man.

:shaka:
Ho, Bruddah Ryan!

Awesome uke & awesome playing, Brah! Mahalo fo sharing! You get some supah mad skills, Brah! Post mo videos eef can. Hana hou, Brah, hana hou!!!

Mahalo, brah!

That's a beauty pal, nice to see fretboard binding.

Where did you get your shirt by the way ?

Also...awesome playing!

Thanks!

I don't know if you know who Anuhea (popular Hawaiian aritst) is but it's her brother's company. http://www.50thstateofmind.com/

Just lovely Ryan, both your new Talsma and your playing. Congratulations to both you and Dave on a fine uke. I really like the offset postion markers on the fretboard.

How would you compare the tone to your cedar topped Talsma?

Hmmmmm. I don't think it's fair to compare right now. I've played the crap out of the cedar one for 2 years and it's broken in nicely. I'll make a video and see what happens.

Fantastic! When is your album coming out? :cool:

;)

Ryan, you play like a beast. And your new uke looks amazing. Congratulations on it.

Alex! Thanks!

Ryan, you're playing is sooo fresh and so clean!! I love Salma. I personally like the bigger tenors

Thanks!

Ryan, you are ridiculous. Ridiculously good, that is. The degree to which you've improved and gained mastery over a relatively short period of time just blows me away.

:eek:

Aloha Ryan,
Congrats on your new Talsma and it sounds so sweet and and so is you awesome playing...Happy Strummings....
thank you for sharing the cool video ...:)

Eh Ryan, what's the size of the upper and lower bouts? Buggah look nice and lovin the more mellow sound.

Congratulations Ryan!

That is one awesome instrument and your playing was truly phenomenal.
Clearly the ukulele was well designed and built. It fits you perfectly.

More music please!

The ukulele is lovely, but your playing is amazing. Thanks for sharing both with us!

Aloha Ryan,
Congrats on your new Talsma and it sounds so sweet and and so is you awesome playing...Happy Strummings....
thank you for sharing the cool video ...

Mahalo, Stan!

Hey Ryan, your Talsma is amazing man....just love the cutaway with the headstock......And you're playing very well too...wish I could play like that!!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/baouke/star-filante-by-caro-bao

Thanks, Bao. Some people don't like the cutaway look but I love it and it useful.

Never seen or heard those woods together. They sound great

Thanks! That was the point. I wanted a combo that hadn't been done before. I looked everywhere to see if it had been used already.

Beautiful uke and incredible playing!

Thanks!

Eh Ryan, what's the size of the upper and lower bouts? Buggah look nice and lovin the more mellow sound.

I'll get some specs today, Danny.

Cheers pal, I might order a couple this weekend. You look a similar build to me, what size is yours ? The US method of sizing clothes is confusing sometimes.

Xl. Good fit.

Congratulations Ryan!

That is one awesome instrument and your playing was truly phenomenal.
Clearly the ukulele was well designed and built. It fits you perfectly.

More music please!

Gracias!

The ukulele is lovely, but your playing is amazing. Thanks for sharing both with us!

:)

Great looking uke and sounds phenomenal! As others have said, amazing playing too!

Thanks!

Top Bottom