What do you think? (Youtube vid)

billcarr

Reaction score
I feel like I am learning the uke in a very isolated world. Nobody I know plays or is interested in playing this wonderful instrument.

I would like a simple and honest opinion from experienced players on the SOUND of my soprano uke. The playing is at very novice level but I spend a lot of time on tuning and intonation. Tips on improving the sound would be very welcome.

Tell the truth.. I can take it.. Hehehe

Sorry for the foreign language. I made the vid for a norwegian buddy.

Bill

Last edited:
I think it sounds fine. How do YOU think it sounds? Is there another uke you've heard that you wished it sounded like?

For most people, trying different strings is the best way to test out different sounds on their uke. A set of clear fluorocarbons might give you a very different experience than the Aquilas that you appear to have on there.

I think you sound good, for sure it's a short clip but from what I've heard, it sounds like how it should.....Now if you really want to sound different or better, it's more in a new uke that you have to look for....on the one you're playing....well I think it sounds like how it has to be.

Keep strumming!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/baouke/star-filante-by-caro-bao

Sounds good to me but you are only playing in the lower chord positions. How's it sound and how's the intonation when you play up the neck?
Cheers!

Top Bottom