Good Tabbing Software

emennace

Reaction score
I need a good free tabbing software. Some of you might have seen my other post, but I thought I'd start a thread about it.

1. It needs to be free
2. It needs to be simple.

Any suggestions? I think I've got some good stuff to tab.

Sorry forgot one thing.

IT NEEDS TO BE FOR A MAC

Last edited:
Unfortunatley, Powertab won't work with MAC.

nor is it simple.

do what i do. use MS word, courier new font. doesnt get much more simple than that

do what i do. use MS word, courier new font. doesnt get much more simple than that

Except you have to buy the Mac version of M$ Office (sending more money to the beast from the east... east of me anyways).

You can do this same thing in OpenOffice.org's word processor for free. There's a Mac, Windoze and Linux version of it.

However, neither of these will play the tab back at you via midi.

One of the best Freeware Office Suites available and does (almost) everything MS Office can do. You can download it here.

Last edited:
is there maybe an online tabber? i cant find one... and finale notepad? does that work?

nor is it simple.

This comment surprises me a bit. PT is about as simple as it gets. Just put the cursor where you want to input the tab number and hit the number key and the tab is created and the matching note in standard notation is placed on the standard staff.

The only thing that might take a little time is just reading up front the help section so you can see how to setup your template and instrument tuning for the ukulele. After that it's a piece of cake assuming you know a little about note values etc.

thats a guitar tabber... is there a way to turn it into a uke tabber? sorry

Im a complete nub.... if you guys havent noticed.http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif:o

I'm assuming you are referring to the "online" tabber that Kanaka916 posted the link to. Because the PT program can be setup for pretty much any stringed instrument.

It makes things clearer for everyone if you use the QUOTE function so everyone knows which post you are referring to. Good luck with your search.

The only thing that might take a little time is just reading up front the help section so you can see how to setup your template and instrument tuning for the ukulele. After that it's a piece of cake assuming you know a little about note values etc.

thats actually what i meant. inputting basic tablature is easy, but adding other stuff is pretty difficult for me at least.

I'm assuming you are referring to the "online" tabber that Kanaka916 posted the link to. Because the PT program can be setup for pretty much any stringed instrument.

yeah I am... is there anyway to turn that into a ukulele tabber?

And on the subject... I cant use Powertabs.

thats actually what i meant. inputting basic tablature is easy, but adding other stuff is pretty difficult for me at least.

I can send anyone my ukulele template so you don't have to go through the setup steps. Just PM me with an email address to send it to and I will fire it off to anyone who needs it.

... is there anyway to turn that into a ukulele tabber?

And on the subject... I cant use Powertabs.

Not unless you can get in touch with whoever wrote the script for the online guitar tabber.

That's right. You're using a Mac.

I'm on a mac and I used guitar pro 5 to tab out my He's a pirate bushman entry.
It's so easy. It isn't free but it is really good.
If you fork out that little bit more, you can get RSE which makes the instruments sounds as they would in real life. Though i just stuck with midi.

can you make it a uke template?

can you make any of these suggested softwares uke tabs?

Tabbing software or site?

I am looking for a site or program that lets you tab out ukulele songs. Looking anyone know of any resources?

Thanks!

Top Bottom