Jerusalem (Blake Parry ELP)

angusdegraosta

Reaction score
I've been meaning to record this for a while now:

Not the best singing I can do, but I made it through. Click here for a PDF of lyrics and chords.

Well done. ELP is one of those bands I almost never hear done on the ukulele, and now in one week I've heard this and "Still...You Turn Me On".

Very cool! Your voice reminds me of Dick Gaughan's, if you know who that is.
Ok, now let's hear you do "Tarkus"!

I don't have an ukulele with me, but when I go home I am to be playing that song.

Good job, and gracias for the tab.

I do know some of Gaughan's music, sure. Tarkus! That would be something. Then I could try "The Gates of Delirium" after that.

Go for it! There's no reason you couldn't do a decent rendition of "Gates of Delirium" on uke. I've done a medley of "Supper's Ready" and "Close to the Edge". My highlight of 2012 was playing "Starship Trooper" live at a uke show, with some vocal help from a friend. Someday I hope to finish an abridged version of "Pirates" -- i was working on it a year ago, then got sidetracked. We need more prog rock uke players! "Tarkus" probably doesn't lend itself well to uke, but a couple of the sections of "Karn Evil 9" would.

Last edited:
Prog rock ukers! Definitely a good idea - especially an abridged version of Pirates. I'm wondering about A Salty Dog by Procol Harum too. I definitely like the last part of The Ancient Giants Under the Sun by Yes. Maybe that. But sea songs... those sound like a plan I can work on.

I do know some of Gaughan's music, sure. Tarkus! That would be something. Then I could try "The Gates of Delirium" after that. O, speaking of which, check out this dude's cover version of Yes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK2jrVDah0M

Astonishing, even without a uke. That voice!

That was crazy! He sounds incredibly like Jon Anderson, and I already thought it was amazing even before he started singing Steve Howe's pedal steel parts. Holy crap!

The guy is somethig else. Tim is his name.

I know a song I'd like to do - Brian May's song "'39" from A Night at the Opera. Trying it now. That is a cool tune!

Top Bottom