Kala's new services

Gadzukes!

Reaction score
I just saw that Kala is now offering some new services for their ukes. They'll install a MiSi Acoustic Trio pickup for $140 or a Baggs Five.O for $189 including shipping both ways. Sounds like a good deal to me!

http://kalaservice.com/

That would have almost doubled the price of my Kala. Not so sure it's necessarily worth it.

It is if you like your Kala and want to add a pickup. It's not an investment opportunity, just a good price for installing a pickup. ;)

That does sound like a good option. I am not sure how much a local music store charges, but I know many people are far away from such places, and many of them might not be experienced with working on ukes. I have been thinking of adding a pick up to my Kala Tenor Mango.

–Lori

I have a Kala KA-KC that I really like. It's a laminate, but the koa is beautiful, and it sounds really good. I wouldn't want to punch a hole in my Kamaka or Kanilea, but I wouldn't mind doing it on my Kala. I may take advantage of this, just not sure whether I want the MiSi or the Five.o. They both have their fans.

Really not a bad price for the P/U and install. Checking and adjusting for intonation wasn't mentioned or is it part of the deal?

Top Bottom