FS: Bruko Spruce/Walnut custom soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

connor013

Reaction score
Good Evening UU,

This is the nicer of my two Bruko sopranos, but since I just can't part with my beat-to-hell #1, it only seems fair to send this one along.

It's a custom-built spruce-topped, walnut bodied soprano with a maple neck, walnut fretboard, rosewood nut and bridge/saddle, and arched back.

image.jpg

There's a lot to love about this uke, so in no particular order:

image.jpg image.jpg

The action has been adjusted, so it's low and fast.

image.jpg

Its arched back projects the sound forward in a way that makes it a bit louder than a normal Bruko and gives it a full, rounded tone.

Its maple neck is soooo smooth. Really.

It's beautifully crafted.

image.jpg

It's strung with Southcoast mediums, which I think suits the spruce well. Here's a sound sample: http://soundcloud.com/user92796094/bruko-spruce-walnut-soprano/s-8c2Ov

In the interest of full disclosure: this is a used uke, so it has a scuff or two, and you can find strum marks on the treble side of the sound hole if you angle the soundboard correctly. That said, I'm comfortable saying it's in great shape, especially for a soft top.

SOLD gets this shipped to your door, CONUS. (International buyers: shoot me a PM and we'll work out the details.)

Finally, I've become a bit of a case hog, so you can choose which you prefer: a Stagg tweed hard case (brand new, keys included), or an Attitude gig bag (also brand new, and pretty awesome).

More pics to follow.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Just a quick economic update, (since I always appreciate when others do this):

Bruko doesn't currently have anything quite like this in their line-up, but a safe guess is that, with shipping, this uke would run about $350 new. The best deal(s) I can find for the Attitude gig bag ($40) or the Stagg hard case ($35) put the new price just shy of $400 US. (That's assuming one thinks the stock Pyramid strings Bruko uses are comparable to Dirk's Southcoasts.)

Cheers.

Hey Connor, this one's a real sweetie and I'd love to buy it. I just don't have the funds after a couple of recent purchases. Whoever buys this will have one awesome uke at a fantastic price. All the best with the sale mate.

I love my Spruce/Rosewood Bruko soprano. This is a stellar deal. I'll point some of my students toward this.

Cheers, gentlemen.

And nice site, Kevin. Don't know how I missed it before. (I'll send you a PM about a student uke as well.)

Sale pending.

Thanks for the comments, everyone; they're always helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom