WA wixom reviews

BIGDB

Reaction score
Hello, I know there are a few WAW owners out there so i'm wondering if anyone has done a review or could just send me a sound sample of you playing yours. I've already watched acidsons youtube video and that's about all I could find. I get mine in the next week or so I'm curious if everyone here is happy with theirs?

Thanks

Last edited:
hi

i have a willie wixom tenor, all koa, #130.
i think cost was $650 shipped in one of the foam/nylon covered Uke Crazy cases(which is very light, protective, useful).

the Tenor sounds/plays very nice. setup was quite good-first fret action easy and buzz free up and down the neck. notes ring clear and intonation is pretty much as spot on as one could get. the neck profile i like a lot-depth and width fit my hand very good and overall give a slightly fuller feel than some other Ukes i've tried. fret work was smooth and perfect and has remained so. converts to low G and high G with the excellent intonation retained. bone nut and bone saddle. strings go thru the bridge and tie under-i like this design!
wood quality is good and the build quality is straight and light. the tone/sound of this Uke really appeals to me. open back grover tuners all work smooth and effortless and retain tuning fine.

the finish is a semigloss tung oil. on very close inspection(you have to really look for them and hold the instrument in the light in the right spot)you can find a few finish runs, spots, etc. there is visual glue squeeze out inside. there are "makers marks" on the bridge and the heel of the neck, and also along the neck joint in a few spots.

so the short:

plays easy, smooth, sounds very very nice and is very soulful
the things that count: fret work, straight neck, nice playing neck profile, good smooth tuners, are all there
finish shows some mild imperfections
there are a few "makers marks" if you look close enough

huge bang for the buck IMO
if i can be of help further, let me know
d

hi

i have a willie wixom tenor, all koa, #130.
i think cost was $650 shipped in one of the foam/nylon covered Uke Crazy cases(which is very light, protective, useful).

the Tenor sounds/plays very nice. setup was quite good-first fret action easy and buzz free up and down the neck. notes ring clear and intonation is pretty much as spot on as one could get. the neck profile i like a lot-depth and width fit my hand very good and overall give a slightly fuller feel than some other Ukes i've tried. fret work was smooth and perfect and has remained so. converts to low G and high G with the excellent intonation retained. bone nut and bone saddle. strings go thru the bridge and tie under-i like this design!
wood quality is good and the build quality is straight and light. the tone/sound of this Uke really appeals to me. open back grover tuners all work smooth and effortless and retain tuning fine.

the finish is a semigloss tung oil. on very close inspection(you have to really look for them and hold the instrument in the light in the right spot)you can find a few finish runs, spots, etc. there is visual glue squeeze out inside. there are "makers marks" on the bridge and the heel of the neck, and also along the neck joint in a few spots.

so the short:

plays easy, smooth, sounds very very nice and is very soulful
the things that count: fret work, straight neck, nice playing neck profile, good smooth tuners, are all there
finish shows some mild imperfections
there are a few "makers marks" if you look close enough

huge bang for the buck IMO
if i can be of help further, let me know
d

Thanks for your review on yours. I'm really hoping mine doesn't have any major finish issues

Top Bottom