You Only Live Twice (James Bond movie theme song)

chords

[ intro: D Am D Am D / ]

[D] You only live [Am] twice
or [Gm] so it [D] seems
[Gm] One life for your[A]self
and [Gm] one for your [A] dreams
[D] You drift through the [Am] years
and [Gm] life seems [D] tame
[Gm] Till one dream ap[A]pears
and [Gm] love is its [D] name

//: [Gm] And love is a [A7] stranger
[Cm] who’ll beckon you [A] on
[Gm] Don’t think of the [A7] danger
or the [Gm] stranger is [A7] gone
[D] This dream is for [Am] you
so [Gm] pay the [D] price
[Gm] Make one dream come [A] true
you [Gm] only live [D] twice ://

This is fantastic.
What instruments have you used?
Pretty sure I hear a xylophone and a melodica?
Or was it just a keyboard with different voices.
It deserves lots more views.

Thanks, Pabrizzer and Shirley! I used an electronic keyboard with different voices for the background... yes, xylophone, strings, and recorder.

Aloha John,
I get the cool intro then it says and error occurred... shoots... even when I let the pop ups....
Update...it works now...I am watching it fully :)

Last edited:
Thanks, Carlton and Stan. Glad you could watch it, Stan! Pabrizzer, I made a mistake when I said "recorder." Actually, it was "harmonium." I experimented with different sounds before choosing the ones I did. I got some pretty interesting sounds on my electronic keyboard. I'm looking forward to trying to incorporate some of the more unusual sounds.

Wow, that was SUPER! I always loved this song from the movie, too! How were you able to incorporate all of the footage from the movie into your music video, btw? Fantastic job, keonepax! :cool:

Thanks, Chelle! To use movie clips, first of all you need to get them into your computer. I do this in two ways: "rip" a movie from a DVD using a program called Handbrake. The program is a free download from the web and you can use it to copy the entire movie if you wish or just a chapter into your computer. The smaller the file you copy, the less time it'll take to render the clips you want to use in your ukulele video. The other way to get movie clips is to download short clips you can find on YouTube. Use the website savevid.com to download YouTube videos.

If you have a Mac like I do, you can use iMovie to edit these clips. I actually use Final Cut Express to edit my videos, but I still use iMovie to convert movie files into a format that Final Cut can use.

I've learned quite a bit about video editing by trial and error, but there are also quite a few video editing tutorials on YouTube.

By the way, if you use movie clips, you might want to stick with older movies. You're less likely to run into copyright problems. One of the blackmarks I received on my old Keonepax channel was a cover of the theme song from "Princess Mononoke." I used a couple of minutes of clips from that movie for the visuals in my video and got nailed for copyright infringement.

Last edited:
Thanks, Dave! :)

Last edited:
Thanks, Chelle! To use movie clips, first of all you need to get them into your computer. I do this in two ways: "rip" a movie from a DVD using a program called Handbrake. The program is a free download from the web and you can use it to copy the entire movie if you wish or just a chapter into your computer. The smaller the file you copy, the less time it'll take to render the clips you want to use in your ukulele video. The other way to get movie clips is to download short clips you can find on YouTube. Use the website savevid.com to download YouTube videos.

If you have a Mac like I do, you can use iMovie to edit these clips. I actually use Final Cut Express to edit my videos, but I still use iMovie to convert movie files into a format that Final Cut can use.

I've learned quite a bit about video editing by trial and error, but there are also quite a few video editing tutorials on YouTube.

By the way, if you use movie clips, you might want to stick with older movies. You're less likely to run into copyright problems. One of the blackmarks I received on my old Keonepax channel was a cover of the theme song from "Princess Mononoke." I used a couple of minutes of clips from that movie for the visuals in my video and got nailed for copyright infringement.

Hey, hi keonepax! Thanks so much for all of the great information about how to get the movies into your music videos -- that is really cool! You really put your heart and soul into your videos, musically and otherwise! They're absolutely top notch and a real enjoyment to watch! I can't wait for your next one! Thanks, again, for all of the info -- I hope to delve into this part of making music videos more as time goes on! :)

Thanks, Chelle! I really appreciate it!

That was fantastic. One of my favorite Bond films and songs. You sounded great and I loved the video. Thanks for sharing the chords too!

Loved it! You in the gun barrel with the ukulele was my favorite part of the movie. Thanks for the chords and demonstrating the riff at the end.

Top Bottom