YouTube Downloads & Conversions

Dominator

Reaction score
What freeware are you guys using to download Youtube Videos? I like to extract the audio to mp3 for some of the vids that I transcribe. I was using the Vixy.net site for a while but in the past few months it isn't working anymore. Maybe 1 in 10 trys will work. Got any suggestions?

ive been trying to get convertdirect to work for me for the past 20 minutes. and it keeps saying that the server is busy.

Attachments

• 2656.jpg
    2656.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 2657.jpg
    2657.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 7
i did a google search for online flv converter and for the past couple hours ive been using zamzar.com

its kind of a hassle though. they have to send you the link to the downloadable file through email. but its the one that was the most consistent, even though ive been having trouble with some of the songs. at least its not all of them.

Convert direct has been working for me this morning. Thanks for the link. However, it is very slow. I needed to just walk away from the puter and take care of other things but I was able to get the videos I needed this morning.

i use zamzar. all you do is copy the URL into the box and convert to what format you want, and it emails you the video from youtube.

My new site, www.UkuleleVideos.com, allows you to download the videos. You can also use my other site, www.TheYouTubeDownloader.com, to download any video from YouTube with just the URL of the video. The two sites are integrated together so visiting one will give you easy access to the other.

I would love to add a conversion tool to the site. I will try to look into that.

Thanks, Jereme

I use keepvid.com to download YouTube videos. I open those up in Quicktime, extract the sound as an AIFF file, then open that in iTunes and convert it to mp3. I use a Mac.

I use youtubecatcher.com to download the videos and then using Total Video Converter I convert the FLV file straight into an MP3 file.

My site, www.UkuleleVideos.com allows you to easily find and download Ukulele Videos indexed from YouTube. The site also offers a free flv conversion tool.

Hope that will help someone, Jereme

When my safari was working on my mac, I would go into the activity window and download the youtube video into a file directly onto my desktop. I also use a website called keepvid.com or viddownloader.com. Viddownloader allows you to save the file as .avi file and keepvid downloads the file to .flv format.

For video conversion I always use an app called VisualHub. VERY useful. You can change almost any file into any other file including audio.

Also, I use wiretap pro to record audio to mp3. Wiretap pro can record the mac system audio or even use the built-in microphone. When I don't want to open up garage band, I just use wiretap pro to make a quick mp3 then if anything needs to be edited i use quicktime to do simple editing.

Even better still for mac users... If you have Quicktime pro, you can open up any movie file (including .flv files with the updated codecs so no conversion is necessary) and go to window>Show Movie Properties. You can see the video track and the sound track and there is a button that says "extract" you can extract the sound track of the video file and then export it into several different types of audio.

Also, for mac users who love youtube, you should check out tubesock.. For tubesock, all you need is the youtube URL or the video ID and it downloads the file automatically and converts it into a whole bunch of different video formats OR it can save it as an mp3 of the video file. It can also import the video or the audio directly into itunes.

Last edited:
Jereme, that download feature works great! keep up the good work :)

Thanks!! I am glad it was helpful. If you ever have any suggestions or ideas for the site just let me know.

Jereme

ive tryed out tht zamzar nd its pretty gud u shud use tht 1

Top Bottom