PDA

View Full Version : Tenor

bbbbbkny
12-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Any suggestions for a Tenor long neck ukulele? I have a cheap Soprano Leilani Uke and looking forward to buying a better uke and interested in a Good/Decent Tenor Long Neck Ukulele that is relatively cheap! :P

Plainsong
12-28-2008, 01:11 PM
When you say tenor long neck, do you mean a concert body with a tenor neck, a tenor body with a baritone neck, a soprano body with a tenor neck, or just a normal tenor?

bbbbbkny
12-28-2008, 02:18 PM
When you say tenor long neck, do you mean a concert body with a tenor neck, a tenor body with a baritone neck, a soprano body with a tenor neck, or just a normal tenor?

Mm, im new to this but if i was to pick then a Tenor body with a baritone neck or a concert neck. Which one you guys think? :x

Dominator
12-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Standard scale lengths are:
Soprano 13.5"
Concert 14.75"
Tenor 17"

A long scale tenor would be something similar to my Glyph tenor which is a 18" scale length.

You can, of course, make an ukulele with any scale you choose so long as it works with the body shape and size etc.

Waterguy
12-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Cheap is in the eyes of the person spending the money. Get a tenor with a solid top if it's within your budget.

nikolo727
12-28-2008, 04:05 PM
if you got just a longscale/tenor it would probubly be very expensive and very hard to find. I would just buy either a baritone or a just a tenor. I personally would go with solid wood tenor. a good beginner uke would be either a kala or lanikai, so all you have to choose is what type of wood you want.

Mark
12-29-2008, 11:49 AM
very happy with my Kala KA-T tenor... solid with Aquilas.