Beginning Ukulele class starting in June in Santa Monica, CA

janeray1940

Reaction score
Aloha all! Just wanted to spread the word about another session starting up of the beginning uke class where I first learned to play. It's a great foundation for anybody just learning to play - not quite the commitment of taking private lessons, but more hands-on than learning via YouTube and books.

The class is taught by Steve Rose, at McCabe's in Santa Monica. It meets for 6 Mondays, 6:30pm-8pm, June 24-July 29. Sign up info and further details can be found here.

If you're in the L.A. area and want to learn to play, this class is highly recommended. Most of us who play in Westside Ukulele Ensemble have taken classes there at one point or other (some of us, like myself, for years!).

I wish this was closer to me sounds like it would help me a lot and would be a lot of fun

It would definitely be a lot of fun! But based on your YouTube vids I think your skills are definitely beyond beginner - while the difficulty of the class varies depending on the skill set of any given group of students, it basically starts with first-position chords and three-chord songs.

Not sure where you are in SoCal, but if you were closer - I'd be encouraging you to join our "advanced" ensemble class instead, which is for those who can already read tab and/or standard notation (or play by ear, for that matter).

It would definitely be a lot of fun! But based on your YouTube vids I think your skills are definitely beyond beginner - while the difficulty of the class varies depending on the skill set of any given group of students, it basically starts with first-position chords and three-chord songs.

Not sure where you are in SoCal, but if you were closer - I'd be encouraging you to join our "advanced" ensemble class instead, which is for those who can already read tab and/or standard notation (or play by ear, for that matter).

Thanks but its like a hour and a half away. I have no problem playing but my theory is bad been watching some of these UU thing to help

Aloha all! Just wanted to spread the word about another session starting up of the beginning uke class where I first learned to play. It's a great foundation for anybody just learning to play - not quite the commitment of taking private lessons, but more hands-on than learning via YouTube and books.

The class is taught by Steve Rose, at McCabe's in Santa Monica. It meets for 6 Mondays, 6:30pm-8pm, June 24-July 29. Sign up info and further details can be found here.

If you're in the L.A. area and want to learn to play, this class is highly recommended. Most of us who play in Westside Ukulele Ensemble have taken classes there at one point or other (some of us, like myself, for years!).

Thanks for sharing! I like the emphasis of your Ensemble, "the Ensemble concentrates on playing instrumental arrangements in parts. We welcome all levels of players, as our arrangements usually have three parts with varying levels of difficulty: chord strumming, melody or lead, and countermelody or harmony."
Cheers!

Thanks for sharing! I like the emphasis of your Ensemble, "the Ensemble concentrates on playing instrumental arrangements in parts. We welcome all levels of players, as our arrangements usually have three parts with varying levels of difficulty: chord strumming, melody or lead, and countermelody or harmony."
Cheers!

Thanks, glad you like :) It's a fun group.

Cheers!

you guys could probably teach the class cuz your skills are up there!

Top Bottom